DAT AA 22, TS 22

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Klesis

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
PAT: 19
QR: 22
RC: 21
BIO: 22
GC: 22
OC: 21
TS: 22
AA: 22

Had about 1.5 months to prepare. Had some things in the way that made it difficult for me to extend my preparation time, but I'm happy with the outcome.

Materials: Dat Bootcamp, Destroyer + math destroyer, Cliffs 3rd, Feralis, Chads (coursesaver)

PAT: I was never good at this section, but I did practice daily on BC generators. Took all 10 exams and scored on avg a 19, and I believe it is a good resemblance to the exam. My weakest sections were always keyholes, TFE, angle ranking. I wish I could help out more, but PAT was something I just wasn't great at.

QR: Used chads to learn the basics, then dived into BC and math destroyer. I took math destroyer timed and do believe it is way harder than the exam, but it'll only better prepare you for it. BC's difficulty is on par with the exams. The generators on BC were life saving as I was able to have ample practice on certain subjects that I always struggled with throughout every practice exams. You can use the keypad when using the calculator on the exam, which is pretty handy imo. I got pretty lucky with guessing, I blindly marked about 5-6 questions and ran out of time to come back to even attempt them.

RC: I barely practiced on this section because reading is one of my worst subjects in general, so I knew I would not score too high. I only prepared through bootcamp and always got a 21, so that was what I was expecting and got it! I usually skimmed the passage, then answered the questions, but I felt the exam passages were longer, so I switched to search n destroy. I felt that BC is a little bit more difficult than the exam.

BIO: Too random. I don't remember anything specific, but it was just super, super, random. I did mark a lot of questions, but I was always confident that I either got it right, or wrong. I remember myself studying heavily on anatomy and physiology, but barely anything were tested on those. Also, I made the risk and did not study plants, and none showed up thankfully. I don't recommend that, you always have to be prepared for anything they can throw at you. It's different for everyone, so it's always important to keep exposing yourself to new material and practice questions. I did destroyer twice, it helped tremendously with learning breadth of material. Time to time I reviewed through cliffs and little bit on Feralis. I do recall reading something that was in bold in Feralis, which was not seen in Cliffs, which was an actual question on my exam! My bootcamp scores hovered around 19-21 range, so I'm happy I was able to score higher.

G+O CHEM: Destroyer should get you 20+. I used chads to review all the basics, then dived into destroyer. I used destroyer untimed and took my time to answer the questions. When reviewing, I made notes of why it was right and why the other choices were wrong. At the end of each week, I used bootcamp to assess where I was at and to relearn any material that I was struggling on. I did destroyer twice, the first time I was getting about >15 questions wrong out of 30. Second time, I always got more than 20 questions correct. There were questions straight out of destroyer that appeared on my exam. It's really not that hard, just take the time to concentrate and learn the material. Probably the two most important sections in terms of scoring high in b/c there is nothing they can trick you on. As long as you understand the concepts and make the effort to memorize certain material, you can answer anything they throw at you.

In the end, always believe in yourself and try your best. I don't think my scores are that great, I wish I could have scored a little bit higher on the chemistry sections b/c they were always my highest scores on bootcamp, but as long as you tried your best, that's what matters. It's discouraging for me b/c my gpa is very low. (I will not say what it is for my own privacy). Just days after submitting my AADSAS (not even mailed yet), one of the schools I applied to already rejected me. No idea how that works. But I have been going back to school to retake science courses and upper division biology courses I did not take in undergrad. It is rough and sometimes I just do not know what I am doing, but always stay confident. You never know what can happen through positivity and faith in yourself. Don't be afraid to fail, I have failed many times, but always pick yourself up and try, try again. Everyone is different, some people can breeze through school and get to where they want. Never compare yourself to them, worry about yourself and trust the process. Enjoy the journey, find the right people to surround yourself with, and always be reminded that you will make it to dental school. It might take a few attempts, but in the end, I know that you and I will be future dentists.

Good luck, happy to answer questions through PM.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
Did you buy the most current version of the Destroyers?

I also would like to know what study schedule you used.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, great scores! 6 weeks of studying got you that, that's amazing. How many hours a day did you study? Did you use a condensed version of Ari's schedule?
I started off with ari's schedule for the first two weeks, but i figured I couldn't make it on time, so yep I used a condensed version of Ari's. I just combined maybe 3 days worth into one day and etc. for study hours..depended on what time I woke up, usually between 10-11am, and I ended anytime b/w 2-4 AM. Only breaks were lunch and dinner (1 hr)

Did you buy the most current version of the Destroyers?

I also would like to know what study schedule you used.
Yes I bought the 2016 destroyers. I did have a 2009 version and they are similar, but there are some differences and ultimately I just wanted an updated version.

For study schedule, I started off with Ari's schedule, but b/c I did not have enough time to follow it, I just condensed a couple days worth into 1 day. I don't think I religiously followed his schedule, I just adjusted to my needs depending on which sections I was struggling in. Some days I only devoted to studying GC and OCHEM, other days I did QR and PAT etc... Most of the time I was using destroyer to learn and bootcamp at the end of the week to see where I was and so forth.

Reactions: 1 user
Wow great job! Your scores are consistent . "Trust the process". Something I definitely need to keep that in mind ! I just hope all this studying pays off !

For Gen Chem or Ochem did you have any lab questions ? Also, is it true the DAT won't have any mass spec questions? I think I heard chad state that in one of his videos.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Wow great job! Your scores are consistent . "Trust the process". Something I definitely need to keep that in mind ! I just hope all this studying pays off !

For Gen Chem or Ochem did you have any lab questions ? Also, is it true the DAT won't have any mass spec questions? I think I heard chad state that in one of his videos.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
thanks bro. hm in fact I did have a lab question in gen chem. im not 100% sure if i can recall, but it was something like "what equipment would you use to measure the volume inside an irregular shaped metal object." for Ochem, i did not have lab questions, but you should always be prepared for it. For mass spec, I think its unlikely you'll see it, I did not have any on mine, but I would still say just be familiar with it and its basics. I believe destroyer asks 1 question on mass spec, very straightforward.

Yes I bought the 2016 destroyers. I did have a 2009 version and they are similar, but there are some differences and ultimately I just wanted an updated version.

For study schedule, I started off with Ari's schedule, but b/c I did not have enough time to follow it, I just condensed a couple days worth into 1 day. I don't think I religiously followed his schedule, I just adjusted to my needs depending on which sections I was struggling in. Some days I only devoted to studying GC and OCHEM, other days I did QR and PAT etc... Most of the time I was using destroyer to learn and bootcamp at the end of the week to see where I was and so forth.

Thank you for the info!

PAT: 19
QR: 22
RC: 21
BIO: 22
GC: 22
OC: 21
TS: 22
AA: 22

Had about 1.5 months to prepare. Had some things in the way that made it difficult for me to extend my preparation time, but I'm happy with the outcome.

Materials: Dat Bootcamp, Destroyer + math destroyer, Cliffs 3rd, Feralis, Chads (coursesaver)

PAT: I was never good at this section, but I did practice daily on BC generators. Took all 10 exams and scored on avg a 19, and I believe it is a good resemblance to the exam. My weakest sections were always keyholes, TFE, angle ranking. I wish I could help out more, but PAT was something I just wasn't great at.

QR: Used chads to learn the basics, then dived into BC and math destroyer. I took math destroyer timed and do believe it is way harder than the exam, but it'll only better prepare you for it. BC's difficulty is on par with the exams. The generators on BC were life saving as I was able to have ample practice on certain subjects that I always struggled with throughout every practice exams. You can use the keypad when using the calculator on the exam, which is pretty handy imo. I got pretty lucky with guessing, I blindly marked about 5-6 questions and ran out of time to come back to even attempt them.

RC: I barely practiced on this section because reading is one of my worst subjects in general, so I knew I would not score too high. I only prepared through bootcamp and always got a 21, so that was what I was expecting and got it! I usually skimmed the passage, then answered the questions, but I felt the exam passages were longer, so I switched to search n destroy. I felt that BC is a little bit more difficult than the exam.

BIO: Too random. I don't remember anything specific, but it was just super, super, random. I did mark a lot of questions, but I was always confident that I either got it right, or wrong. I remember myself studying heavily on anatomy and physiology, but barely anything were tested on those. Also, I made the risk and did not study plants, and none showed up thankfully. I don't recommend that, you always have to be prepared for anything they can throw at you. It's different for everyone, so it's always important to keep exposing yourself to new material and practice questions. I did destroyer twice, it helped tremendously with learning breadth of material. Time to time I reviewed through cliffs and little bit on Feralis. I do recall reading something that was in bold in Feralis, which was not seen in Cliffs, which was an actual question on my exam! My bootcamp scores hovered around 19-21 range, so I'm happy I was able to score higher.

G+O CHEM: Destroyer should get you 20+. I used chads to review all the basics, then dived into destroyer. I used destroyer untimed and took my time to answer the questions. When reviewing, I made notes of why it was right and why the other choices were wrong. At the end of each week, I used bootcamp to assess where I was at and to relearn any material that I was struggling on. I did destroyer twice, the first time I was getting about >15 questions wrong out of 30. Second time, I always got more than 20 questions correct. There were questions straight out of destroyer that appeared on my exam. It's really not that hard, just take the time to concentrate and learn the material. Probably the two most important sections in terms of scoring high in b/c there is nothing they can trick you on. As long as you understand the concepts and make the effort to memorize certain material, you can answer anything they throw at you.

In the end, always believe in yourself and try your best. I don't think my scores are that great, I wish I could have scored a little bit higher on the chemistry sections b/c they were always my highest scores on bootcamp, but as long as you tried your best, that's what matters. It's discouraging for me b/c my gpa is very low. (I will not say what it is for my own privacy). Just days after submitting my AADSAS (not even mailed yet), one of the schools I applied to already rejected me. No idea how that works. But I have been going back to school to retake science courses and upper division biology courses I did not take in undergrad. It is rough and sometimes I just do not know what I am doing, but always stay confident. You never know what can happen through positivity and faith in yourself. Don't be afraid to fail, I have failed many times, but always pick yourself up and try, try again. Everyone is different, some people can breeze through school and get to where they want. Never compare yourself to them, worry about yourself and trust the process. Enjoy the journey, find the right people to surround yourself with, and always be reminded that you will make it to dental school. It might take a few attempts, but in the end, I know that you and I will be future dentists.

Good luck, happy to answer questions through PM.
Congratulations! Excellent scores...Enjoy the rest of you journey to becoming dentist. With these scores you will have no problem getting interviews.

Wishing you the best...

Nancy and Dr. Romano