DAT Academic Prep Classes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shoebox448

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a question for anyone who is willing to help me out.

If I have taken/ take a year of bio, a year of inorganic chem, a year of organic chem, and a year of physics; with the help of practice exams such as the Destroyer and Kaplan will I be well prepared for the DAT? If not, what other classes do you think I need to take... (more bio, trig, more organic chem....)? How long do I need, after completing those classes, to study for the DAT?

Is taking those classes at a community college a terrible wrong thing to do?

Thanks for your help!!! I really appreciate it!!
Marie

Members don't see this ad.

I would suggest a general physiology course to help with the human bio questions. I have not taken the exam yet but so far phys has helped me out alot. Good Luck!!

it doesn't matter where you take the courses as long as you retain....retain....retain....... i suggest looking at the prep material as you are finishing each course to see what else you need to review.......1 year of bio might be sufficient for some.......but for me it wasn't I took 2 year of bio in college is a lot of stuff .......like animal behavior , taxonomy, animal physiology.....things you don't learn in 1 year of bio.......hope this helps