DAT Achiever Test 3

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sharvey

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good Afternoon everyone!

I just had a horrible experience on the third DAT Achiever test. didn't even finish the QR because I was so upset up to that point. Is the real DAT anything like this particular test? I've manage fairly well on the first 2 practice tests from them but for some reason this third one just DESTROYED me. I'm taking the DAT for real on Monday. Any words of advice or encouragement? I've faired a lot better on Topscore 1 and 2 as well.

Members don't see this ad.

Nope, Achiever is not comparable to the real test. It is so much more difficult in every section. Don't take achiever scores as a measure of how well or poorly you'll do. I am about the most ardent advocate of "Achiever is great", but I'll freely admit it DOESN'T give you a good approximation.

It just gives you some really hard questions and a test atmosphere (in terms of interface) that is close to the real test. Oh and it prepares you mentally, since you if you can face one of those tests, you can easily deal with the real one.

I just took the first achiever test, all scores between 16-18...not too happy with it but I guess I've read where it is a harder than the real thing? So hopefully will expect some 18-20 range for my test next week?

I just took the first achiever test, all scores between 16-18...not too happy with it but I guess I've read where it is a harder than the real thing? So hopefully will expect some 18-20 range for my test next week?

Yes the average improvement is 3 points or more so you should get 19 or more. For me, it was quite a bit more than that:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=897681

My post there lists my average for the first 4 achiever test compared to my score on the real test.