DAT Achiever vs. TopScore

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whit127

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am taking the DAT in less than two weeks and need to buy some more test simulations. I have used the TopScore program from 2007 and really like it but want to make sure that I get a wide variety of questions and the closest simulation possible. Has anyone, who has already taken the test, used both the TopScore and Achiever simulations and have any advice on to which is better???? Thanks!!! Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Acheiver!!!

I am taking the DAT in less than two weeks and need to buy some more test simulations. I have used the TopScore program from 2007 and really like it but want to make sure that I get a wide variety of questions and the closest simulation possible. Has anyone, who has already taken the test, used both the TopScore and Achiever simulations and have any advice on to which is better???? Thanks!!! Good luck to everyone!

You know what the scary thing is. I got exactly the same score for chemistry, biology, pat on TOPSCORE except the math and reading:

For topscore, kaplan
PAT is 19, 22
Gchem is 19-20, 20
Ochem 20-23 20

So topscore are really representative in science, in my opinion. But remember, you have to get other supplemental materials in order to do well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks ya all!!! Looks like I'm gonna go with Achiever and use the older version of TopScore for science review. Let me know if anyone else has more advice. Good luck!

Personally they both sucked, they are only good for timing yourself and i felt that TopScore layout and pacing was much closer to that of the real DATs. Achiever way too hard and i don't think is worth the time.

I would go with TopScore!