DAT Achiever

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dent5k

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to buy achiever but my laptop is not in its best form so was wondering if achiever give you any options of reinstalling it onto you computer if something goes wrong? also does it work with explorer 8 and firefox. sorry if these questions seem silly but i have limited knowledge of how achiever works. also what about other software? i guess better safe than sorry...:) thanks

Members don't see this ad.

so achiever is a software in it self(dont need firefox, etc..). I was in your same situation w/ almost broken laptop. But i brought it for my desktop. & it only works on desktop(my stable computer) b/c i purchased it on my desktop. Buy it only on stable computer b/c they wont let you activate the product on different computer.

What achiever does is pretty shady... after you purchase the software they will give you the link to download it. its only 6 or 7mb something like that. The shady part is they are trying to save money. Unlike top score(100+ mb) which lets you download all of the software including their question database. Achiever only lets you download the software and the questions are on the servers database of Achiever company. So this way they can save a lot of money on bandwidth.
The first thing Achiever does is downloads all the text b/c as we all know text is small file size. Then any questions that requires images ie. organic chemistry or pat or math, bio, chem. It downloads images on demand so only when you come to that particular question. Then only it downloads that image. again saving bandwidth. So if you have slow internet image questions will take little longer to load. & if you lose internet connection in the middle of the pat. You will just see ABCD but no pictures. This way they wont lose money if you quit your exam in the middle or if you only want to take couple sections. etc...

So far achiever has screwed me over. I was in the middle of my test and the program crashed, so I lost all of my work. The people who made Achiever were paranoid about people copying the program so they made it a pain in the ass for the consumer by making you download from their servers and only using it on a single computer. A lot of people say achiever is helpful... but buy it only if you're willing to take the risk of the same thing happening to you.

I want to buy achiever but my laptop is not in its best form so was wondering if achiever give you any options of reinstalling it onto you computer if something goes wrong? also does it work with explorer 8 and firefox. sorry if these questions seem silly but i have limited knowledge of how achiever works. also what about other software? i guess better safe than sorry...:) thanks

You can sign up for the trial first and see how it goes. Contact them if there is problem installing the software.