DAT advice please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

highfly413

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
well, i'm scheduled to take the big test in 10 days....been studying for about 1.5 months...i've been taking Kaplan practice tests, doing the kaplan practice problems at the keplan center, took the ADA practice test, and took the Barrons tests, and plan on doing the topscore tests within the next ten days. (as soon as i can get a freakin extension on the disk-- it expired!) Here are the range of my scores on the practice tests i've taken:

Bio: 17-21
Gchem: 15-19
Ochem: 15-19
Pat: 19-21
Rc: 18-22
Qr: 16-20

So, my avg practice test is often 18/19AA and 19/20 PAT

I know i'm like the 100th person to do a post like this, but I'm kinda nervous and wonder whether I should be aiming for better practice test scores before i take the real thing. My goal is to get an AA of at least 19. is this realistic? if eel like i have put a lot of time in and know the stuff fairly well, but as you can see, my scores can fluctuate greatly. i'm just afraid i'll get "one of those harder tests".

Members don't see this ad.

Given the range of practice scores I think your goal of a 19 AA is very obtainable. In fact it is very possible you might even surprise yourself and do better than that. You can expect to pad your Topscore scores by at least two points. You are on the right track - just keep studying and you'll be just fine.

Hmmm . . . honestly, if you're scoring that on the Kaplan tests, I think you ought to aim for at least a 20 AA.

Yep . . . I think you'll be surprised to find your actual DAT scores will be a little higher. Don't get lazy, keep working hard for 10 more days and then you'll never have to worry about it again. I never slept better than I did the night after I took the DAT . . . it felt good to be done!