DAT and prometric scheduling

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DHallenbeck

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Currently I am waitlisted at 2 schools, and will be finishing up my bachelors this May. I was considering signing up to retake the DAT, but I didn't want to throw down the $360 now if I find out I get accepted in the next month or two.

Can you guys tell me, is there any difficulty scheduling the DAT only 3-5 weeks from when you register and pay for it? Are the testing centers usually booked that short of notice? I've started studying again, and will be studying up until I take it again (if I have to), so I'm not proposing to only leave myself 3-5 weeks of studying. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Should not be a problem...
Just Check Prometric website for availability around your area. They offer it everyday so all you need is the eligibility code from ADA and your set(which should take ~2days after april 3rd- they are currently closed)

Probably depends where you live. I scheduled mine about 3 weeks in advance but I had to drive about an hour and a half instead of taking it at the other 3 centers closest to me.

I scheduled mine a week in advance and had no problems. There were two testing centers near me, and both were 1.5 hours away. I chose the one that I heard was more comfortable (not freezing cold, less packed with testers).