DAT Angles strategy for cut off angles

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Veni vidi vicii

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I always struggle and waste time with these angles, and it's difficult to do the rapid eye technique with these ones because the cut off gives a false illusion of an angle being small when its actually big.

I attatched a picture of the specific angles I'm talking about. Any help will be appreciated or any strategy you guys/gals use.

Thanks
angles.png

Members don't see this ad.

angle ranking is stupid imo. It's the only section in the pat where I virtually haven't improved. first time I took the pat, got 12/15 on angles, and I basically peaked right there.

that being said, try to imagine which angle is the sharpest.

angle ranking is stupid imo. It's the only section in the pat where I virtually haven't improved. first time I took the pat, got 12/15 on angles, and I basically peaked right there.

that being said, try to imagine which angle is the sharpest.
Yeah I actually tried to do that. 12/15 is good, I'd be happy with that score.

Members don't see this ad :)
I cover up the lines with my thumb to equate them because of the lines' effects. I'm just left with a small triangle angle with similar length arms to compare. I have read some people use ID cards for it during the test but I used my thumb for practice and on the actual test. Just don't touch the screen, since that's not allowed. I think I may have not used my ID card cause I was worried that would be me playing with the layout of the testing conditions.

I always struggle and waste time with these angles, and it's difficult to do the rapid eye technique with these ones because the cut off gives a false illusion of an angle being small when its actually big.

I attatched a picture of the specific angles I'm talking about. Any help will be appreciated or any strategy you guys/gals use.

Thanks View attachment 236711

If I can't look at the angles right away and figure out which order they should fall into I eliminate answer choices using pairs of angles. For example I compare angles 1 and 2 - angle 2 is smaller - then I cross out all answer choices where 1 is ahead of 2 in the line up. I use angle pairs that are oriented the same way and that I know for certain are larger/smaller.

I use the laptop/hill method and the parking method to get oriented and then use answer elimination if I am struggling. I am getting 12-14 out of 15 for the section and can blow through in 7 and a half minutes using this.