DAT application timeline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asanchh

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am an incoming junior this fall, have taken gen bio, gen chem and physics. I want to take the DAT at the end of my junior year (spring 17') however, I haven't taken orgo yet. I will be taking both orgo classes this year. I will also be taking a DAT test prep in the spring, my question is; I will be finishing up orgo II while taking the DAT test prep course so I feel like i might be behind schedule for that section and I am not sure if I am rushing this or not. Should I continue with this plan or wait another year? As in apply at the end of my senior year. In addition, I just decided to solidify my plan to go to dental school about a year ago and don't have much exposure, I have minimal hours shadowing and volunteering. Any advice would be much appreciated, thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I would either do Spring of this year or Summer! You will be totally fine I took my DAT this summer after having just completed Orgo 1 in the Spring semester. Orgo is a strong subject for me so I was able to learn Orgo 2 myself without too much difficulty since you don't really have to worry about any mechanisms. There's no point in waiting a whole extra year, if you study hard and prepare well you will be fine!

Reactions: 1 user
I would either do Spring of this year or Summer! You will be totally fine I took my DAT this summer after having just completed Orgo 1 in the Spring semester. Orgo is a strong subject for me so I was able to learn Orgo 2 myself without too much difficulty since you don't really have to worry about any mechanisms. There's no point in waiting a whole extra year, if you study hard and prepare well you will be fine!

Thank you!