DAT application!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UnimaasMED

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am about to apply for DAT. On the DAT online application form it is asking for 5 dental schools I want my scores to be reported to. Since I haven't made my final decisions on which schools I want to apply to I was wondering if I have to select those schools now?

Also if I had to reschedule my test-date would it be free of charge? :confused:

I am just starting with studying (don't even know where to start hehe). Do you guys think that 7 to 8 weeks of studying would do it?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys,

I am about to apply for DAT. On the DAT online application form it is asking for 5 dental schools I want my scores to be reported to. Since I haven't made my final decisions on which schools I want to apply to I was wondering if I have to select those schools now?

Also if I had to reschedule my test-date would it be free of charge? :confused:

I am just starting with studying (don't even know where to start hehe). Do you guys think that 7 to 8 weeks of studying would do it?

Yes you do have to decide which five schools you would like the scores to be reported to now. You cannot change them later. You can however add additional schools for $25 each now or later on.

Make sure these five schools are ones that you have really researched. I registered for my scores to be sent to Midwestern in IL as one of my five, only to have them later publicize that they require prereqs that I have not done. Wish I would have known my selections were unchangeable.

GL

Thanks a lot for your response. How long prior to the test day would I have to apply? I know the website says 60-90 days but how strict are they about that?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmm, I was under the impression that you could change them.

Hey, if you figure out a way to change them I would love to hear about it :)

I thought I read something about being able to change it online when I applied to take it, but maybe it was just to add more. Too lazy to try to figure out now though hah.