DAT & Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JohnnyG

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am applying for the Fall of 2014 semester and I have a question for you guys.

I missed the DAT this February and my understanding is the ONLY time I can take it this year would be November? I would think they would have more options/availability.

Will I be able to submit my AADSAS application to schools with my LOR's once admission opens up or will I have to wait until I take my DAT in November for the first time?

Members don't see this ad.

I am applying for the Fall of 2014 semester and I have a question for you guys.

I missed the DAT this February and my understanding is the ONLY time I can take it this year would be November? I would think they would have more options/availability.

Will I be able to submit my AADSAS application to schools with my LOR's once admission opens up or will I have to wait until I take my DAT in November for the first time?

To my understanding, at least at my local prometric center, you can schedule the DAT pretty much any day of the week, of any month, at any time. You can submit your application without DAT scores, though some (many? all?) schools will set your application aside until it is complete with your exam scores. Hope this helps!

WOW! That is great to hear! Do you guys have any recommendations for a Pre-DAT course?

Also, do the scores last 3 years?

Members don't see this ad :)
WOW! That is great to hear! Do you guys have any recommendations for a Pre-DAT course?

Hit the DAT forum! SO much good info and breakdowns of what people used for studying and succeeding.

I'm guess OP is talking about the Canadian DAT which runs only in February and November so yes...if you wanna take the Canadian DAT, you'll have to wait until November

Don't waste your money with Kaplan courses. DAT is a lot of rote memorization. Stick with Chad's videos, KBB, Destroyer, CrackPAT, and Cliff's AP Biology.

Don't waste your money with Kaplan courses. DAT is a lot of rote memorization. Stick with Chad's videos, KBB, Destroyer, CrackPAT, and Cliff's AP Biology.

Couldn't agree more. I took it and wish I hadn't wasted a lot of money! :eek:
There are way more effective materials out there.

And yes, scores generally are acceptable for 3 years, very few schools only 2 years.

Good luck :luck:

Get used to designing and sticking with your own study schedule. Boards and specialty exams won't have anyone holding your hand along the way.

Apparently I was viewing resources dedicated to the CANADIAN DAT. :laugh: