1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

DAT arrival schedule

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by apaul, Jul 25, 2006.

1. apaul

apaul Some Dude
    7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    So I've got a little dilemma, I took the DAT June 17th, and since it takes 3 weeks for them to send out your scores to the schools, my scores should definetly be there. While I know that Oregon, and Case have received my DAT scores, I also know that Maryland and Iowa haven't. So do you think that I should call the ADA to ask whats up, or just chill for about a week and see if it shows up. I've heard that the ADA people are punks which is why I am hesitant to call, but then again my scores may just be in those schools sorting pile or something like that. What do ya'll think?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DDS:)

DDS:) Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I requested my score first week of July, when I called, ADA told me it was sent on July 12th, some schools received it, but up till now, UNLV still says didnt get it yet????!!! It have been 12 days~ :confused: :scared: I guess just wait

4. apaul

apaul Some Dude
    7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    pretty lame huh?

5. Sprgrover

Sprgrover Pulped out Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Most schools actually download your scores from the ADA, and they are usually available within a couple of days of you taking the exam. Chances are the hang up is not from the ADA but the admissions office. Keep in mind that schools are starting to receive applications and many have yet to officially start their admissions process. It could very well be that they have your scores, along with a bunch of others, in a pile on someone's desk. Nonetheless, it is important to follow up with each school to make sure they have all of your supporting materials. Hang in there!

6. djeffreyt

djeffreyt Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Dentist
    Do I have to call the ADA after I take my test to tell them to send my scores, or do they do that automatically to the schools I had listed when I registered?

7. beannaithe

beannaithe Bionerd
    10+ Year Member

Dentist
    Just wait a little while and then call the schools. Most likely your admissions office is a little backed up and they should get to it son. Because the ADA says that your scores are available after a week.