DAT at 8 am

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

free99

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone taken the exam bright and early? It seems most take it in the afternoon, but all of those sections are full...

Members don't see this ad.

I did! I couldn't have handled waiting throughout the day for it! I'd have been a nervous wreck. I highly suggest just going in and getting it over with.

I took mine early in the morning, as well. If I had taken it in the afternoon, I would have been stressed the entire day.

I took it in the morning but adjusted my sleep schedule so I woke up at least at 6am the week of the test.

Members don't see this ad :)
I took mine at 8 AM and had to drive almost 2 hours to get there. If you have any kind of trip to get to the testing center, go to that city the night before or schedule it in the afternoon.

It was a pretty stressful drive through a bit of traffic :scared:

I took mine at 8 AM and had to drive almost 2 hours to get there. If you have any kind of trip to get to the testing center, go to that city the night before or schedule it in the afternoon.

It was a pretty stressful drive through a bit of traffic :scared:

Good point. I did spend the night in a hotel the night before my test to avoid the drive in the morning.

I took all of my DAT's at 8AM. I did fine, but I got up at 4:30AM to eat a big breakfast and do practice problems. I ate again right before the exam, but it was lite. I practiced waking up early the week before.

Same here, another 8am test taker. I would suggest that when you do some practice tests leading up to the big day that you take them in the morning (if that's when you are going to be doing for the real deal). You'll want to know what your brain does at 8am and, if need be, train it to be awake that early in the day. It could just be me, but I am creature of habit and for something as important as the DAT, I would want the process to be as close to routine as I could make it.

Ditto. I took it at 8 am. The thing is, you need to set up your sleep schedule a week before the test. You should get to the center early. I had to wake up at 4:40. I did not sleep the night before the exam because I was so nervous. I don't recommend doing that lol but 8 am was definitely a good time to take the exam. You reach QR by 12 so you are ready to conquer that section. I remember when I was setting up a time the other time was like 6 pm. That time is crazy. Can you imagine hitting QR at 10?