DAT being cancelled due to power outages after the storm

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smilehelper

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My second attempt DAT was scheduled for May 28th. Since this test was at a different location than my first, I followed a friend's recommendation and visited the testing center two days ago to familiarize myself with it.
Unfortunately, I was informed that due to the recent storms and power outages affecting Houston and surrounding areas, they are cancelling all remaining appointments at that location for the rest of May due to scheduling conflicts. They advised that I would be receiving an email confirmation regarding this cancellation, which will most likely include a new test date.
This news was quite concerning as I'm aiming for an early application cycle. I did some research on Reddit and other forums and learned that this happens fairly often. When appointments are rescheduled due to cancellations, the new date can be pushed back by as much as two months from the original one.
I even checked their schedule to see if I could reschedule for another date, but due to the scheduling conflicts they mentioned, no dates were available in June or even July!
Given this situation, I'm seeking your advice. If you were in my position, would you consider rescheduling the exam at an alternate testing location within Texas, even if it requires travel? I've already sent an email to ADEA explaining the situation, but haven't received a response yet.

Any insights or experiences you can share would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your support!

Members don't see this ad.

I understand how frustrating this can be, especially since this is your second attempt. While you may need to wait for a response from ADEA, it's important to maintain a positive outlook. This extra time could allow you to study even more and ultimately achieve the scores you’re aiming for, helping you put this exam behind you once and for all. Remember, some things are beyond our control. Stay positive and keep moving forward. I wish you all the best.

Nancy, Destroyers

Reactions: 1 user
I'm in the same boat, and so glad I came across your post today. I was notified the very last minute. They really shouldn't spring these things on us the night before. Since they didn't offer a new date right away, I took charge and rescheduled at a different location. Luckily, there were still spots available in Waco, Austin, and San Antonio. If you're looking to reschedule, I'd recommend grabbing one of those slots before they're gone!
I don't know which exact location you had yours at, but I remember a friend who wasn't notified in 2023 that this test center's closed for something like maintenance or unpaid rent. He only found out when he arrived! So, to answer your question, absolutely reschedule if you can, even if it means traveling a bit. Good luck – you've got this!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in the same boat, and so glad I came across your post today. I was notified the very last minute. They really shouldn't spring these things on us the night before. Since they didn't offer a new date right away, I took charge and rescheduled at a different location. Luckily, there were still spots available in Waco, Austin, and San Antonio. If you're looking to reschedule, I'd recommend grabbing one of those slots before they're gone!
I don't know which exact location you had yours at, but I remember a friend who wasn't notified in 2023 that this test center's closed for something like maintenance or unpaid rent. He only found out when he arrived! So, to answer your question, absolutely reschedule if you can, even if it means traveling a bit. Good luck – you've got this!
Thank you for sharing your personal experience with a similar situation. Your insights are truly appreciated. I wish you all the best in your studies and on the DAT Exam.

Please make sure if you experienced this type of trouble to report it to our Testing Center resource.

If there are any inaccuracies, let us know.

Also, proceed forward with your early AADSAS submission, indicating you have a pending DAT. Unlike all other health professions exams, you get your DAT unofficial score before walking out the door to report to your programs. Get your grade verifications done since they take the longest time.

Reactions: 1 user