DAT BEST study materials?!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JaeDRa

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So here's what I have for each subject so far:

Biology --> Cliffs AP Biology, PR MCAT Biological Sciences, Campbell Bio Textbook
Chemistry --> PR MCAT Physical Sciences, school chemistry textbook
Math --> ACT/SAT practice questions (not worried about this section)
Reading --> nothing.
PAT --> Baron's, Kaplan Blue book.

so basically, to summarize, I got the Cliffsnote AP bio, Baron's, and kaplan BB. What should I use for the chemistry section and the organic chemistry section? I heard DAT Destroyer is really good. Anything else? What about for the PAT? I haven't really read much about PAT study materials OR the reading. I've been reading NYTimes/Economist to increase my reading speed but that's about it.

If there's anything more I can do PLEASE. I would appreciate any input.

love,

JaeDRa

Zerg

Members don't see this ad.

KBB is useless in my opinion. All I used for bio was the Campbell's bio AP review book. I am a bio major though and have a strong background. There is a list of bio topics covered on the DAT on the ADA website somewhere. Make sure you cover those using the textbook you have and you will be fine. As for gen chem and Ochem, use Chad's videos. They are great and all you need to refresh or start from scratch. After that use DAT destroyer for practice problems. Chads videos also has bio which is good and a math review, both are good but need to be added on to a little. There is also Alan's Notes on the Chads Videos website with a ton of bio definitions and information which are a big help.

Also, buy crack the DAT PAT for the PAT section. It has a lot of very realistic example tests. There are also crack the DAT for for the other sections if you want more practice.

Hope this helps. Feel free to pm me with any more questions

PAT > Crack DAT PAT
Orgo and Chem > Chads and Destroyer ( is a must I feel like)
Reading> Practice for reading! Get Crack DAT RC. Some ppl make the mistake of not preparing for this section thinking "it's just reading" and end up with a low score their first time around. I was one of those people. Don't let this section go by unnoticed

Members don't see this ad :)
The easiest thing for you to do is to read breakdowns. Search for the "la datélisse thread." Smurf put together TONS of great breakdowns and from them, you can decide what all you want to use. Best of luck! :)

For chemistry, biology, and organic chemistry all you need is the destroyer, study it religiously and you will rock these sections guaranteed.

For reading its mostly natural talent in my opinion, but doing crack the dat reading is pretty helpful to improve your score a little.

The math destroyer is overkill but if you KNOW it you will do well. If you want to do solidly just get the crack dat math.

For PAT you must get crack the PAT! People say achiever is really good also.

If your someone who needs extra help with studying motivation then I would highly recommend taking Dr. Romano's class (the author of the destroyer) he is the best!!