DAT Bio and Chem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hi Everyone!
This is my first post at SDN post!! I looked around for similar posts, and most of them said to study Kaplan, and that just isn't cutting it!! I began studying about 2-3 weeks ago about 8-10 hours a day (my test is August 19th). So far I have taken 3 practice tests.... and My QR, PAT, RC, and Orgo have went up from 18ish to 23ish. However, my bio and chem scores aren't doing so hot! I have memorized the Kaplan book inside and out, and it just isn't covering all the material I see on the practice tests. So basically, I am here to ask, what would you say is the "BEST" book to study from these materials. I have heard of DAT destroyer, which people in SDN speak very highly of (for the most part), however, if I can find some material that is NOT so expensive, that would be great. Part of my low score in the science is the need to discipline myself into not making silly mistakes or just not reading questions properly, but I do genuinely feel that some of it also comes from my lack of knowledge on some of the topics! I hope this was clear, and that my first post wasn't too lengthy for you guys!!

I look forward to being a part of SDN forums!!:)

Members don't see this ad.

I did not have destroyer, but my friends always kept talking about how good that book is. I would buy it and practice on its bio and gchem sections [as you are finding yourself in trouble there]. Trying it is better than feeling regret after your test. Give it a shot if you started studying two months ago on Kaplan only.

Hi Everyone!
This is my first post at SDN post!! I looked around for similar posts, and most of them said to study Kaplan, and that just isn't cutting it!! I began studying about 2-3 weeks ago about 8-10 hours a day (my test is August 19th). So far I have taken 3 practice tests.... and My QR, PAT, RC, and Orgo have went up from 18ish to 23ish. However, my bio and chem scores aren't doing so hot! I have memorized the Kaplan book inside and out, and it just isn't covering all the material I see on the practice tests. So basically, I am here to ask, what would you say is the "BEST" book to study from these materials. I have heard of DAT destroyer, which people in SDN speak very highly of (for the most part), however, if I can find some material that is NOT so expensive, that would be great. Part of my low score in the science is the need to discipline myself into not making silly mistakes or just not reading questions properly, but I do genuinely feel that some of it also comes from my lack of knowledge on some of the topics! I hope this was clear, and that my first post wasn't too lengthy for you guys!!

I look forward to being a part of SDN forums!!:)

cliffs ap bio. i got it for under 10$ i think on amazon or half.com

or just go to your local lib and check it out. and check out the AP chem or SAT Chem subject tests books. theres tons out there.