DAT Bio Section

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dochopeful13

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I saw in the ADA guide that they are making changes to the DAT bio section. Does anyone know what these are? I really hope it won’t be an experimental section like the MCAT.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
"Please note that in 2021 the DAT Biology test specifications are anticipated to change. Candidates are invited to check the DAT website for additional information and updates as they become available" for others interested.

I saw in the ADA guide that they are making changes to the DAT bio section. Does anyone know what these are? I really hope it won’t be an experimental section like the MCAT.

I think that means they are adding new experimental biology questions, not passage-based questions like the MCAT.

xoxo

"Please note that in 2021 the DAT Biology test specifications are anticipated to change. Candidates are invited to check the DAT website for additional information and updates as they become available" for others interested.

Thanks ..they did specify anticipated , they did the same thing with the QR section and it took more than 5 years for the change to take place. It's just a wait and see what happens situation. I will monitor it closely and be ready to shift gears if necessary.

#think30...Nancy

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks ..they did specify anticipated , they did the same thing with the QR section and it took more than 5 years for the change to take place. It's just a wait and see what happens situation. I will monitor it closely and be ready to shift gears if necessary.

#think30...Nancy
Haha I think you are right. Now it says 2022 on the ADA site lol.

Please note that in 2022 the DAT Biology test specifications are anticipated to change. Candidates are invited to check the DAT website for additional information and updates as they become availabl

Reactions: 1 users

#think30...Nancy
Hi Nancy hope all is well! I am going to be buying the dat destroyer in a few months. For the bio section is there already some conceptual bio questions in there?

Hi
Dochopeful13

This is Dr. Romano's response since he is the author the the Destroyer...Nancy

'There are 700 questions in the Bio questions in the DESTROYER. I have personally written each one. I have preached the idea of CONCEPTS for over 30 years to my students. In many many DESTROYER problems, I write the question to test more than one area. Often I amalgamate Biochemistry with Pathology.....sometimes Botany with Organic Chemistry.....Virology with BioChemistry, Anatomy with Physiology, and Histology with Pathology. Becoming a successful dentist or medical doctor often requires one to amalgamate concepts from different disciplines and APPLY them. I have always felt that just memorizing a question is often the wrong road to take. Concepts and understanding basic principles will always win out. Hope this helps."

Haha I think you are right. Now it says 2022 on the ADA site lol.

Please note that in 2022 the DAT Biology test specifications are anticipated to change. Candidates are invited to check the DAT website for additional information and updates as they become availabl
Maybe they say that every year. One of my friends said they saw that on the site last year too.

• Haha