Dat Bio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chuteboxe84

"bismallah"
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK..My sister got this MCAT Biology from a friend and we both are trying to study for the DAT, but it seems like that book goes into a lot of details (maybe more than necessary?). We decided not to go through the Kaplan book on biology (well not only the Kaplan book) since we heard that it does not prepare you well for the Bio part on the DAT. I also have Schaum's oultines for Bio and i was wondering which one helped you guys out? I know that it would not hurt to know more and all, but there is so much more that i need to study besides bio. So should i stick with the detailed MCAT bio book, or should i go with the Schaum's ? HELP!

P.S. It would help if you'd let me know what study material you all used for BIO.

Members don't see this ad.

chuteboxe84 said:
OK..My sister got this MCAT Biology from a friend and we both are trying to study for the DAT, but it seems like that book goes into a lot of details (maybe more than necessary?). We decided not to go through the Kaplan book on biology (well not only the Kaplan book) since we heard that it does not prepare you well for the Bio part on the DAT. I also have Schaum's oultines for Bio and i was wondering which one helped you guys out? I know that it would not hurt to know more and all, but there is so much more that i need to study besides bio. So should i stick with the detailed MCAT bio book, or should i go with the Schaum's ? HELP!

P.S. It would help if you'd let me know what study material you all used for BIO.
Topscore is the best. End of story. I scored 19s in bio in topscore and was very happy with my score on the real, 23 bio.

Take care,
Rich

Richnator said:
Topscore is the best. End of story. I scored 19s in bio in topscore and was very happy with my score on the real, 23 bio.

Take care,
Rich

Wait, topscore is not a review though...or is it? I thought it was just practice exams that were on that CD.

chuteboxe84 said:
Wait, topscore is not a review though...or is it? I thought it was just practice exams that were on that CD.
Topscore simulates the real test very well I think. As for bio, I used schaum's bio book and kaplan. I also used an old ap bio book I had lying around.

Take care,
Rich

Richnator said:
Topscore simulates the real test very well I think. As for bio, I used schaum's bio book and kaplan. I also used an old ap bio book I had lying around.

Take care,
Rich
specially bio i think you need to solve as much problems as possible....with explanations..it might not work for you but i used only kaplan and scored 22!!