DAT Bootcamp Ari's 10 week schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chicago_predental

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I am considering retaking the DAT, and wanted to know if anyone out there has followed Ari's 10 week schedule on DAT Bootcamp. Did you find it was helpful for your re-take? I am the kind of person that benefits from a structured test prep, but wanted your views on it before committing !

Members don't see this ad.

I found it helpful to have an idea of how to approach all of the content. I tweaked it a bit towards the end.

Members don't see this ad :)
So I didn’t quite retake (I signed up to take the DAT last summer but didn’t feel ready so I rescheduled it for winter break). Because I had already gone through most of the content review when I prepared the first time around, when I signed up for boot camp over winter break, I went straight to practice tests after like 3 days of content review and tried to take as many practice tests as possible in the remaining 3 weeks.

I know that the 10 week schedule works well for a lot of people. For me, personally, 10 weeks was way too long. I found it hard to stay motivated and easier to just say “it’s okay, I’ll catch up later.” In the end, that really backfired on me haha. Studying for three weeks may seem really minimal but it was enough to get me a 22AA.

So, if you think you have it in you to study for 10 weeks, go for it. Do you think you didn’t do as well as you wanted the first time because of gaps in knowledge or because of a lack of practice? I knew I needed to work on timing and just seeing and answering lots of questions to get in the right mindset. And that came with the added bonus of filling in gaps in my knowledge as I went! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Everyone is different. For some people, that schedule works but for other people it doesn't. There is no "magic formula" or shortcut, you just have to put in the work.

Reactions: 3 users
Do you recommend Ari’s schedule exclusively or supplementing with destroyer and purchasing chads videos? Are mikes videos enough for GC and OC in your opinion? Thanks

Honestly, Chad's videos are better. You're better off supplementing with destroyer and chad's videos. But you don't need to purchase his videos, they're available online.