Dat bootcamp estimated score vs real dat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

niv3k

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, couldn't really find enough info on this on the forums.

For those who have used datbootcamp and taken the dat, how close were your bootcamp estimated scores with the actual dat?? I know that Ari said they use their own scoring scale or something like that.

My scores are fluctuating back and forth

Test#/Bio/gc/oc/pat/rc/qr

Test 1/23/19/23/18/18/17
Test 2/18/23/18/18/17/18
Test 3/20/22/22/19/20/19

Do you guys think my dbc scores will be similar to the real dat? Cuz I don't feel ready at ALL. I know everyone says you never will but holy **** I use the mark button on like every other question for pat and qr. For the pat section, I'm still so slow, I pretty much have like 10 minutes left by the time I reach pattern folding so I'm forced to just eliminate and make the best possible guess I can on them, even then Im really bad at pattern folding lol.

Members don't see this ad.

My Bootcamp scores were similar to yours, and on the real DAT my scores were much like your test 3. I never had that moment of realization, but I have a very good knowledge of when I know something and when I don't aka I knew I could learn a lot more if I had more time to study. That being said, if you are aiming for about a 20 AA I think you are ready but if you want higher you may need more time to study.
When is your exam?

Hi, couldn't really find enough info on this on the forums.

For those who have used datbootcamp and taken the dat, how close were your bootcamp estimated scores with the actual dat?? I know that Ari said they use their own scoring scale or something like that.

My scores are fluctuating back and forth

Test#/Bio/gc/oc/pat/rc/qr

Test 1/23/19/23/18/18/17
Test 2/18/23/18/18/17/18
Test 3/20/22/22/19/20/19

Do you guys think my dbc scores will be similar to the real dat? Cuz I don't feel ready at ALL. I know everyone says you never will but holy **** I use the mark button on like every other question for pat and qr. For the pat section, I'm still so slow, I pretty much have like 10 minutes left by the time I reach pattern folding so I'm forced to just eliminate and make the best possible guess I can on them, even then Im really bad at pattern folding lol.

It may or may not help you but check out my PAT section in my breakdown. You can find out in glimmers list. I was not super confident in the PAT at first but I got a 25 so it's totally doable. In my opinion you really should get Achiever if you want something very similar in difficulty to the real test. However, you need some confidence first because those tests are HARD and I think they are scored too harshly

My exam is aug 28th, about 2 weeks from today. I really do hope to make at least a 20 lol (knock on wood). God Id be so happy with a 20 haha. But my scores fluctuate so much I just kinda can't help but to worry.

My plan as of now is to spend the rest of today reviewing some more over bio/gc/oc notes. Take another cdr test and cdp test. Finish the other 2 dbc exams by Sunday and then review notes again, take another top score around ~Tuesday, then hopefully finish destroyer again by sat or so. I'd like to try to get a cdr and cdp test in once a day next week so I can really practice those some more. Then I'll take another top score after that (hopefully Sunday), take the actual ADA exam Monday (hopefully), and just review over notes, memorize equations then relax on Tuesday for the big day lol.

I've been using that search and destroy method for rc. Do you guys know how well that method works for rc as of now? I hear they are adding more tone questions? Not sure.

Members don't see this ad :)
It may or may not help you but check out my PAT section in my breakdown. You can find out in glimmers list. I was not super confident in the PAT at first but I got a 25 so it's totally doable. In my opinion you really should get Achiever if you want something very similar in difficulty to the real test. However, you need some confidence first because those tests are HARD and I think they are scored too harshly

Thanks athomas! About to check out your breakdown right now. And yeah I think I will try some achiever pat probs. I hear they are hecka tough.

I have another question, do you guys or anyone know if they actually test you over folds that go into the page, as in dont fold towards you lol.

You look great in the sciences---don't let them completely consume you. Thats were I messed up. My Bio average on Boocampwas a 17 I got a 21 on the real thing. My GC bootcamp average was a 19 I got a 22. My Organic Avg was a 19 and I got a 21. I think you are really close in the sciences just keep reviewing everything. My PAT avg was a 24 and I got a 19 on the real thing. I attribute part of that to the fact that I was kicking myself because I knew I chose incorrectly one of the GC questions. I think I thought about that the entire time. For QR my avg was a 22 and I got an 18. I was really tired by the end so I suggest you study this at the end of the day. That way you feel the way you may at the end of the test.

You look great in the sciences---don't let them completely consume you. Thats were I messed up. My Bio average on Boocampwas a 17 I got a 21 on the real thing. My GC bootcamp average was a 19 I got a 22. My Organic Avg was a 19 and I got a 21. I think you are really close in the sciences just keep reviewing everything. My PAT avg was a 24 and I got a 19 on the real thing. I attribute part of that to the fact that I was kicking myself because I knew I chose incorrectly one of the GC questions. I think I thought about that the entire time. For QR my avg was a 22 and I got an 18. I was really tired by the end so I suggest you study this at the end of the day. That way you feel the way you may at the end of the test.

OMG you post just made me SUPER happy I hope I get the same scores ifn ot close to what you got because im doing bootcamp and qvault and keep getting 18s or 19s in bio ochem and chem and its killing me lol... My exam is Saturday.. what do you recommend the day before?

I personally did nothing because I have bad anxiety. So I just caught up on all the reality tv I had missed for the past two months while my dad shook his head. (HE HATES THOSE SHOWS). If I was going to do it over again I probably would have taken a PAT Test and done some trig-but not much more. Best of luck.

Hello, I just finished my 3rd boot camp test and I was a little disappointed with my scores so I looked for some words of wisdom and I ran into this post. I am currently 12 days away from taking my DAT score and my boot camp scores look like this:
bio, gc, oc, pat, rc, qr
T1; 20, 22, 18, 20, 18, 20
T2; 21, 21, 20, 18, 17, 19
T3; 19, 23, 22, 18, 17, 20
I am okay with my science scores but the last 3 scores I am not very happy with. I have done most of cdp and i started off scoring 15's on there but now I am averaging 21( cdp test 5-8). Should I be freaking out? or does anybody have any advice on how to improve my QR, RC or PAT scores, most importantly?

Hello, I just finished my 3rd boot camp test and I was a little disappointed with my scores so I looked for some words of wisdom and I ran into this post. I am currently 12 days away from taking my DAT score and my boot camp scores look like this:
bio, gc, oc, pat, rc, qr
T1; 20, 22, 18, 20, 18, 20
T2; 21, 21, 20, 18, 17, 19
T3; 19, 23, 22, 18, 17, 20
I am okay with my science scores but the last 3 scores I am not very happy with. I have done most of cdp and i started off scoring 15's on there but now I am averaging 21( cdp test 5-8). Should I be freaking out? or does anybody have any advice on how to improve my QR, RC or PAT scores, most importantly?
Hey I don't know what kind of scores you ate expecting/wanting to get, but I took mine yesterday and got 26/17/21/19/20/23 (PAT/QR/RC/GC/BIO/OC).

My averages on bootcamp in the same order were roughly 22/21/21/20/18/23. So my real scores are pretty different in weird ways compared to bootcamp scores..so idk if it even helps you or clarifies anything.
What method for RC do you use? Maybe try out different ones if youre losing time at the end. I stole someones method of reading the first 3 paragraphs and just doing search and destroy and it bumped me on abiut 3 points. And if you have extra time after the sciences you might want to have your cube counting numbers and the tictactoes before the pat starts I also averaged about a 24 on the first 8tests of cdp. Hope that helps!

do you get to see what reading passages are in your reading section before starting it?
Like on DAT bootcamp it shows you the names of the 3 articles...idk i feel like it gives me a starting point as to what i will expect in the hour duration of the exam. any thoughts?

Reactions: 1 user
Mine were very similar to DAT BOOTCAMP. Good thing about DAT BOOTCAMP is the structure and the wording of the test which is very very similar to the real test. Good luck!

i am keep getting 16-18 in dat bootcamp for chemisterity. i have exam in two weeks so nervous what to do should i postpone exam ?

i am keep getting 16-18 in dat bootcamp for chemisterity. i have exam in two weeks so nervous what to do should i postpone exam ?
Are you consistently missing questions under the same topic? If so, then I'd focus on that topic. How are your scores on the other sections? If you're scoring around 18 across the board, I'd recommend postponing. If you're just scoring 16-18 for gen chem, then I'd devote more time to it over the next 2 weeks and then see how you're doing a little closer to the exam to see if you still need to postpone it.