DAT Bootcamp exams, 2007 and 2009 DAT exams

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

princecoup

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi y'all - this is actually my first post/thread on this forum so hello!
my DAT is a little under 2 weeks from now and I finished taking the DAT bootcamp exams #1-4 and the 2007 DAT practice exam (will be taking the 2009 next week).

i know correlation is not causation, but i just wanted to gauge how accurate these scores may be in predicting the ballpark of where i would be scoring on the real dat. (i've read a lot that the 2007 dat was easier than the actual, so 2007 may not be a good predictor...?)

. . . . . . bio/gc/oc/pat/rc/qr/AA
BC #1: 25/25/21/22/19/20/22
BC #2: 25/24/20/22/19/24/22
BC #3: 26/26/21/22/20/24/23
BC #4: 23/26/20/20/25/22/23

2007 : 20/25/30/23/19/26/24

based on these numbers alone, would u guys say i would be able to score above a 21AA? :writer:
also, reading has never really been my forte, so i was wondering if u guys could lend some insight into how similar the DAT BC reading sections compare to the actual?

thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

You should def get above a 21. Beware for BC test 5 cause its harder than the others in my opinion. RC is very similar to the real thing. I hated the SnD methods and I sucked at reading so I read a book on a topic I liked and also read scientific American articles that BC linked. I went from 15's to 21's, but on the real exam I lost track of time. If you do like SnD, then it's a really good technique for most of the articles on the real thing

Reactions: 1 user
You should def get above a 21. Beware for BC test 5 cause its harder than the others in my opinion. RC is very similar to the real thing. I hated the SnD methods and I sucked at reading so I read a book on a topic I liked and also read scientific American articles that BC linked. I went from 15's to 21's, but on the real exam I lost track of time. If you do like SnD, then it's a really good technique for most of the articles on the real thing
thanks! that's interesting too because i'm not a fan of the SnD method either - i actually read the passage in its entirety (w/ highlighting) and then usually answer the questions in order, but since timing could be an issue, would u recommend more SnD and less time reading on the actual DAT?

also were the RC passages on the actual test of similar length to that of BC?
thanks again :)

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks! that's interesting too because i'm not a fan of the SnD method either - i actually read the passage in its entirety (w/ highlighting) and then usually answer the questions in order, but since timing could be an issue, would u recommend more SnD and less time reading on the actual DAT?

also were the RC passages on the actual test of similar length to that of BC?
thanks again :)

length can vary, but I would stick to reading entire passages. my "shortest" article ended up being the most dense/complex to read, so just keep practicing

Reactions: 1 user