DAT bootcamp for OAT

Mar20

Reaction score
Hello, I have recently purchased DAT bootcamp to study. I also use chads videos and have Kaplan review notes. I wanted to know if anyone used the DAT bootcamp and scored well. I also wanted input on how long to study. I often feel very overwhelmed with the thought of the OAT difficulty. Please let me know your thoughts & experiences.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I’ve actually taken both the DAT and the OAT (I made a switch to being pre-optometry), and I had separately used the DAT Bootcamp for the DAT and Chad’s videos for the OAT. In my opinion, DAT Bootcamp provides the best and most realistic practice for problems you’re likely to encounter on the actual exam. I would definitely use Chad’s videos for physics though since Bootcamp doesn’t provide informational videos on it. As for how long to study, it really depends on how much time you’re able to commit each week. For most people, at least 3 months is a pretty good time.

tldr; Bootcamp is great for the OAT, but also use Chad’s videos for physics. Give yourself at least 3 months to study

I used DAT Bootcamp to study for my OAT and would definitely recommend it in conjunction with Chad's videos. I'd suggest finishing all the practice exams and test banks questions first and then timed. Review the sections you keep getting wrong and you'll be fine. I also agree with the above poster's suggestion of studying for at least 3 months so as not to get overwhelmed.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
What about on the days that you worked? & for how many months?
Some days after work I would study for like 1-2 hours and other times, I wouldn't even study since I would be so exhausted haha. I studied from October through February