DAT Bootcamp Practice Test Results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hk99

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I take the DAT on the 29th and it is currently the 25th

I mainly used DATBootcamp for studying and I was wondering about confidence levels going into the real DAT based off of practice tests done through the program

I currently have taken 5:

(Biology/Gen Chem/Orgo/PAT/Reading/Math)
1: 17/16/19/20/25/24 Overall: 20
2: 16/19/17/20/21/19 Overall: 18
3: 18/21/18/20/25/20 Overall: 20
4: 16/18/20/19/24/17 Overall: 19
5: 18/19/18/20/26/20 Overall: 20

I was feeling confident last week, but this week has me more worried as the pressure of time makes you second guess yourself. Has anyone had similar scores? Are these scores good or bad?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, this question gets asked quite often and you should be able to search the forum for some answers. IMO I do not believe any timed test including the one offered by the ADA can accurately predict what you will score on the DAT, there are many different versions and a lot depends on what you are presented the day of the test. You need to go in VERY prepared with no doubts and always #think30, you should never focus on anything less.

You are not alone a lot of students feel anxious leading up to the test, that is normal, but doubting your knowledge and understanding of the concepts means you might have a weak foundation and in that case you should consider a reschedule. This is not an exam you want to repeat if it can be avoided.

Hope this makes sense and wishing you the absolute best...Keep us posted

Nancy, co/owner, DAT Destroyer

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone, I take the DAT on the 29th and it is currently the 25th

I mainly used DATBootcamp for studying and I was wondering about confidence levels going into the real DAT based off of practice tests done through the program

I currently have taken 5:

(Biology/Gen Chem/Orgo/PAT/Reading/Math)
1: 17/16/19/20/25/24 Overall: 20
2: 16/19/17/20/21/19 Overall: 18
3: 18/21/18/20/25/20 Overall: 20
4: 16/18/20/19/24/17 Overall: 19
5: 18/19/18/20/26/20 Overall: 20

I was feeling confident last week, but this week has me more worried as the pressure of time makes you second guess yourself. Has anyone had similar scores? Are these scores good or bad?
For those who may be in the same position as me, I ended up still taking the DAT on April 29th, and recieved a 24 AA my breakdown was as follows:
PAT 20
QR 30
RC 24
Bio 22
Chem 22
Orgo 22
Total science 22
AA 24

If you were in the position I was, don't convince yourself that you are underequipped or not retaining information. The study programs are meant to challenge you to make sure you are as prepared as possible for the real test. I scored 4 total points higher than any of my practice tests and overall just performed a lot better on the DAT. If you are putting in the time and the effort, you will do good. Having a positive attitude when going into the test is necessary for doing well. If any one has questions about my score please let me know and I will get back to all of you.

Also if anyone has pointers as to if my score is actually solid or if there are things I could work on please let me know!

Attachments

• DAT Unofficial Score SDN.png
    DAT Unofficial Score SDN.png
    1 MB · Views: 298
For those who may be in the same position as me, I ended up still taking the DAT on April 29th, and recieved a 24 AA my breakdown was as follows:
PAT 20
QR 30
RC 24
Bio 22
Chem 22
Orgo 22
Total science 22
AA 24

If you were in the position I was, don't convince yourself that you are underequipped or not retaining information. The study programs are meant to challenge you to make sure you are as prepared as possible for the real test. I scored 4 total points higher than any of my practice tests and overall just performed a lot better on the DAT. If you are putting in the time and the effort, you will do good. Having a positive attitude when going into the test is necessary for doing well. If any one has questions about my score please let me know and I will get back to all of you.

Also if anyone has pointers as to if my score is actually solid or if there are things I could work on please let me know!
Congratulations! These are fantastic scores! Your score is beyond solid and with a competitive GPA you should get interviews at many schools.

Wishing you the best and enjoy some well deserved time off!

Nancy, co/owner, DAT Destroyer

Members don't see this ad :)
PAT 20
QR 30
RC 24
Bio 22
Chem 22
Orgo 22
Total science 22
AA 24

Congrats on your score, how did you study for QR?

Congrats on your score, how did you study for QR?
For QR you just have to do a lot of rinse and repeat and go back to the basics. Bootcamp was actually really good when it came to the QR section. The goal is to get used to the question types, and knowing what to look for when viewing each type. If you see a probability problem for example, you have to know if you are doing a combination or a permutation. From there you just continue with formulas you have memorized. I am honestly really good at QR naturally so it came easier to me, but when i first started QR with no studying, I scored only 20s in the practice test. You have to keep doing similar problems until you are unreasonably quick at answering them. Once you get fast enough, you will have time on the DAT to actually work through difficult problems to find an answer. Some questions you wont know, but if you have time to work through it, only one answer choice will make sense. If you aren't the greatest at math, I would recommend doing daily practice problems on basic functions until it clicks. practice factoring everyday, and practice logrithms. There is a lot of simplifying expressions on the DAT to get to an answer quickly.

I know this is arbitrary information, but the DAT QR section isn't intimidating as long as you can be very quick with math. The good thing with math is, they can only ask one type of question, the numbers are just switched each time. Rinse and Repeat is your best bet for that section