DAT Bootcamp Practice Tests VS. Real DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

XtrasDental

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, my DAT is coming up very soon, and I just was wondering how the DAT Bootcamp practice tests stack up to the real DAT.

I have been getting on my first 3 practice tests:
Bio/GenChem/Orgo/PAT/RC/QR

Test 1: 24/22/25/18/19/22
Test 2: 23/20/24/19/19/21
Test 3: 25/24/26/17/18/22

As you guys can see, I am not doing as well as i would want to on the perceptual ability and reading comprehension. I have read on other threads that DAT bootcamp PAT and RC is slightly a bit harder than the real DAT. If anyone who has took the DAT and used DAT Bootcamp can let me know their opinion, I would deeply appreciate it. Also, any tips on how to do better on RC would be awesome too. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Every test is different. A few are harder than BC but I think a majority are about the same or slightly easier

Hey, just took the DAT today. For me, the PAT on the actually much easier than compared to DAT boot camp. I never finished with extra time when I took the DBC practice tests but I felt like I had all the time in the world for this section on the real DAT

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, just took the DAT today. For me, the PAT on the actually much easier than compared to DAT boot camp. I never finished with extra time when I took the DBC practice tests but I felt like I had all the time in the world for this section on the real DAT
How did the rest of the test compare to BC if you don't mind me asking?

Woah, that is awesome. Were the keyholes very intricate like DAT bootcamp or much easier? How much higher was your actual score on the real PAT?

I took the test on Tuesday. Never made above a 19 on any of the bootcamp ones (although I did practice the generators some). I also never finished any of the bootcamp ones on time. On the real thing I made a 24 and finished with about 2 minutes to spare.

Reactions: 2 users
Woah, that is awesome. Were the keyholes very intricate like DAT bootcamp or much easier? How much higher was your actual score on the real PAT?
Key holes were much easier on the real DAT. I got an 18 on the DBC and a 21 on the real one.

How did the rest of the test compare to BC if you don't mind me asking?

Everything on boot camp was significantly harder. For bio, it really freaked me out. I thought bio was my strong side then I took a practice test first I got a 19 then I got 16/17/16/18. But on the real one I ended up with a 21 orgo chem, same thing first DBC test I got a 14 -_- did a whole bunch of destroyer. Then I got 17/16/17. On the real DAT, I got a 21 in orgo as well.

QR was hell in dbc, BUT it helped me learn how to pace myself.

Reactions: 3 users
On my Bootcamp PAT practice tests, I would get 20-22 and really struggle to finish on time. On the real DAT, I got a 24 and went through the section pretty leisurely.

I wondered the same thing while I was studying for the DAT, and the general consensus on SDN seems to be the DAT Bootcamp tends to be slightly harder (particularly for QR and RC) than the actual DAT.

For myself, I thought all sections (Gchem, Ochem, PAT, RC, QR) were considerably harder on Bootcamp. Bio was the only exception. I found Bootcamp Bio to be incredibly straight forward, but on the actual DAT, it was the section I struggled with the most.

Your scores are looking extremely promising right now! I wouldn't be too worried about PAT and RC scores. I was consistently scoring around the 18-19 range and scored much higher on the actual DAT.

I wondered the same thing while I was studying for the DAT, and the general consensus on SDN seems to be the DAT Bootcamp tends to be slightly harder (particularly for QR and RC) than the actual DAT.

For myself, I thought all sections (Gchem, Ochem, PAT, RC, QR) were considerably harder on Bootcamp. Bio was the only exception. I found Bootcamp Bio to be incredibly straight forward, but on the actual DAT, it was the section I struggled with the most.

Your scores are looking extremely promising right now! I wouldn't be too worried about PAT and RC scores. I was consistently scoring around the 18-19 range and scored much higher on the actual DAT.

Thats awesome! I hope I have the same luck as you when i take mine soon. LOL thanks.

Thats awesome! I hope I have the same luck as you when i take mine soon. LOL thanks.
You will! The biggest thing about RC is just settling on a method of attack and stick to it. Find the strategy that best suits your style, and practice, practice, practice until the day of the exam.

I couldn't even finish the BC's RC #1-3 and was feeling so down. I got to test #4 (I think one of the passages was about a bird?) and felt like the passages were easier to get through and comprehend. On the actual exam, I thought the passages were more along the lines of BC RC #4 in terms of difficulty.

You're gonna do great!

IMO, the sciences are very similar to the style of the real DAT, but PAT, RC, and QR are more difficult than the real DAT. However, it helps prepare you for the difficult questions on the real DAT and can help you boost your score in those sections.

Reactions: 1 users
If you haven't previously studied for the DAT I would recommend using the DAT destroyer first before using the DAT bootcamp.

Last edited:
This thread is really helping my morale... I took my very first DBC PAT test timed and got 15. -_-

This thread is really helping my morale... I took my very first DBC PAT test timed and got 15. -_-
Just always review the ones you got wrong and read the explanations, it helps a lot. Also, its much harder than the real DAT

Glad to know that BC is slightly harder...was really demoralized with my low scores on all the subject test first time around..ranging from 14-19.

Glad to know that BC is slightly harder...was really demoralized with my low scores on all the subject test first time around..ranging from 14-19.
It's really not that low.

Attachments

• Practice Test Scores.xlsx
    10 KB · Views: 415