DAT Bootcamp TFE Visualizer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

predentalstudent9

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Is the TFE Visualizer on DAT Bootcamp easier than the real DAT/easier than the PAT practice tests on DAT bootcamp? I have do TFE Visualizer almost daily and score well, majority of the time close to 15/15. But every time I have taken the PAT practice test, I always end up doing bad on TFE. I was wondering if the generator TFE is just easier than the real thing?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

It is a lot easier but it's still a good tool to practice your spatial visualization skill and build up your speed. The TFE problems in the practice tests are much closer to the real thing.

Not trying to go on a tangent, but what about Key Hole in the real DAT? DBC Key Hole problems are so hard and has ridiculous deviations in correct answer. Is the real DAT like that?

At least for my DAT, the keyholes were a joke compared to keyholes from bootcamp :) I didn't have to look for ridiculously small differences between the answer choices. This doesn't mean the bootcamp problems were bad, though. They helped me learn how to spot differences quickly and different tricks that might appear on the test (ex. whether or not two objects are touching or if there's a gap in between). I would say the keyhole problems from the 2009 DAT test are better examples of keyhole problems on the DAT.

However, on the real test I got a couple of boulder/rock problems, which bootcamp currently doesn't provide any practice problems for. You can find some here from DAT genius though.