DAT Bootcamp vs Actual DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctorfish

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
I wanted to write this to see if the general trend has stayed the same. Which is harder: DAT Bootcamp or the actual DAT?
I've been kind of discouraged by my scores although I still haven’t gotten to full length practice tests yet. I’ve been averaging around a 17 on gen chem and O chem, 18 on biology, and for QR I got an 18 and a 15 :( Any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

I can't answer your question because I don't know which is harder. I do know the DAT is very challenging and it is a test not to be taken lightly and to avoid a retake you need to go in fully prepared, overprepared is better than under. I have found working with students for many years trying to predict a DAT score from any timed test is not always reliable. Have a strong foundation, know the concepts. QR is very challenging due to the time restrictions and because it is the last section of the DAT must students are tired. I suggest that you be exposed to every possible type of QR problem that can be presented so there are no surprises. There are different versions of the DAT, they are not all the same.

Wishing you the very best...Nancy, co/owner, DAT Destroyer

I scored significantly better on multiple sections on the actual DAT compared to Bootcamp. Except orgo, I was scoring 22+ on orgo on bootcamp and got under 20 on the real one. Couldve been unlucky. I think theres probably no hard rule, it depends on what kind of questions you get and what youre good at.

Reactions: 1 user