DAT Bootcamp vs. DAT Destroyer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mary1984

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everybody,
I started DAT bootcamp and DAT Destroyer at the same time. I feel more comfortable with DAT bootcamp than DAT Destroyer. I would like to know which one is closer to the real DAT.

Thanks,

Members don't see this ad.

Destroyer is far harder than the actual DAT but it is an amazing resource for practice problems.
Bootcamp is closer to the difficulty to the actual DAT but still slightly harder IMO.
My advice is to use both. Destroyer as a way to practice hard problems and bootcamp as a measure of how you are doing.

DAT Destroyer is meant to teach, not to evaluate. There's a disclaimer on the back of the front cover that acknowledges the difficulty of the problems, and that one should not time him or herself while doing the problems. The Destroyer does not accurately reflect actual DAT problems, but is an excellent tool for picking your weaknesses out. As some have said, however, some problems on the real DAT seemed to have come straight out of the destroyer, so the problem types are still somewhat reflective of the real DAT. Use BC for extra practice and time management. Both are excellent tools that I have used. :)

Destroyer is simply a better resource. If you look at the high scoring breakdowns, almost everyone has used it and has said it is invaluable (including myself). I used Bootcamp the first time (I took it twice) I took the DAT and did not score what it "said" I would score. It is not an accurate representation of the test.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else think the bootcamp is still harder than the actual test? I just did my first Sciences and got Bio/GC/OC 23/18/20. I don't know how close to the actual it is. Got 2.8 weeks left!

Bootcamp is definitely harder but it's the closest in terms of how the questions are presented/worded. It helps you learn what your weaknesses are. So if you study the questions you got right and wrong, you will definitely improve!
My real dat scores jumped 3+ from my bootcamp scores in the sciences.

It helps you learn what your weaknesses are. So if you study the questions you got right and wrong, you will definitely improve!
kyfy3r