DAT Bootcamp vs Real DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

melmu001

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which one is the easier one? Bootcamp or The Real DAT?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
It felt like Bootcamp questions were a little easier, but I did better on the real test compared to any full practice test on Bootcamp, so I guess that makes bootcamp a little more challenging.

It really is hard to say which is easier because it just depends on what questions you get on the test and what you are prepared for.

Reactions: 1 users
I know that this thread is old, but for those of you who are curious, DAT Bootcamp is a lot harder than the actual DAT. You can feel it when you actually take the exam. For instanse, I got 18 on bootcamp PA and got 26 on the real thing. I Got 16 on RC and got 21 on the real thing ( I was not lucky, the actual test was easier!!). Do not panic by taking bootcamp exam. But I can say that the bootcamp really motivates you to study.

Reactions: 3 users
I know that this thread is old, but for those of you who are curious, DAT Bootcamp is a lot harder than the actual DAT. You can feel it when you actually take the exam. For instanse, I got 18 on bootcamp PA and got 26 on the real thing. I Got 16 on RC and got 21 on the real thing ( I was not lucky, the actual test was easier!!). Do not panic by taking bootcamp exam. But I can say that the bootcamp really motivates you to study.
I so hope you're right! I'll just assume you are since I'm taking it tomorrow and I've been getting the exact same scores as you on the bootcamp tests. I got 16, 18 and 16 on bootcamp PA 2, 3 and 4, and I got a 20 on quantitative reasoning and 16 on Reading Comprehension. If I got the same scores as you I'd be thrilled!

I so hope you're right! I'll just assume you are since I'm taking it tomorrow and I've been getting the exact same scores as you on the bootcamp tests. I got 16, 18 and 16 on bootcamp PA 2, 3 and 4, and I got a 20 on quantitative reasoning and 16 on Reading Comprehension. If I got the same scores as you I'd be thrilled!
Good Luck with your test! I know for sure that RC is going to be really easy compare to the bootcamp. The passages might be on the same level, but questions are definitely easier!!

My Bootcamp scores were same or one point lower than actual DAT score, and my Bootcamp orgo and gen chem scores were about 2-3 points lower than the actual scores on the DAT.

PAT was so much harder on BC. I averaged 20 on BC, I found angles very difficult on Bootcamp. Bio and orgo were pretty well on the money but in general every section was a bit harder.

what did you end up getting on the real dat exam?

Members don't see this ad :)
Bootcamp is definitely harder. On the three science sections, I couldn't seem to get above a 19 on Bootcamp. But when I took the real exam, didn't score less than 22 on any section.

Bootcamp is definitely harder. On the three science sections, I couldn't seem to get above a 19 on Bootcamp. But when I took the real exam, didn't score less than 22 on any section.
What were your RC scores like if you don't mind me asking because I'm really confused with my bootcamp RC scores. I scores 19 or 20 on crack RC but with bootcamp, so far my highest RC has been an 18!

What were your RC scores like if you don't mind me asking because I'm really confused with my bootcamp RC scores. I scores 19 or 20 on crack RC but with bootcamp, so far my highest RC has been an 18!

I got a 21 in RC, but I didn't use Bootcamp to study for that. I say if you get an 18 on Bootcamp, that means you're doing fine. I highly doubt you'll get a lower score on the real exam, most likely higher. But don't stop practicing, that's a dangerous spot to be in if you think "I'm doing fine, I can slow down."

Reactions: 1 user
I hear the BC is harder than the Real DAT. I am hoping so at least. I will be taking it on the 25th but I am really concerned because my BC scores are averaging around 17,18,19.

I'm hoping you guys are right about DAT Bootcamp being harder than the real DAT! I'm naturally a pessimist lol... I was pacing back and forth for 30 minutes before taking my first full-length DAT Bootcamp exam... but to my surprise, I did really well =).

Bio = 26
GChem = 24
OChem = 24
PAT = 21
Reading Comp = 22
QR = 18 (bleh)

I'm hearing that bio is hit or miss though... so with that being the case, QR is clearly where I need the most work. I know how to do the math, but I just keep running out of time... and I HATE those "Quantity A vs. Quantity B" questions. Any pointers? I take the DAT on August 21st. Wish me luck!

I'm hoping you guys are right about DAT Bootcamp being harder than the real DAT! I'm naturally a pessimist lol... I was pacing back and forth for 30 minutes before taking my first full-length DAT Bootcamp exam... but to my surprise, I did really well =).

Bio = 26
GChem = 24
OChem = 24
PAT = 21
Reading Comp = 22
QR = 18 (bleh)

I'm hearing that bio is hit or miss though... so with that being the case, QR is clearly where I need the most work. I know how to do the math, but I just keep running out of time... and I HATE those "Quantity A vs. Quantity B" questions. Any pointers? I take the DAT on August 21st. Wish me luck!

Oh my, your test date is exactly same as mine !
By looking at the score, you seem to be on track more than me!
My QR is like 17, and always running out of time. :( I'm just reviewing the questions now.
Are you using search and destroy method for RC?
I heard that most of the time, the actual DAT scoreis equal or higher than Bootcamp score.
Good luck on your exam! :) :)

Oh my, your test date is exactly same as mine !
By looking at the score, you seem to be on track more than me!
My QR is like 17, and always running out of time. :( I'm just reviewing the questions now.
Are you using search and destroy method for RC?
I heard that most of the time, the actual DAT scoreis equal or higher than Bootcamp score.
Good luck on your exam! :) :)

How did you end up doing?
I just finished my DAT a few hours ago, and my unofficial score report is as follows:

PAT: 22
QR: 22
RC: 23
BIO: 22
GCHEM: 21
OCHEM: 22
TS: 22
AA: 22

very happy with my scores! QR actually ended up being easier on the exam, but the biology was BRUTAL. i had a lot of random questions which were purely factual (you either know it or you don't) and i had 3-4 plant questions (COME ON). i honestly was very nervous about what my score would be during my break, so i'm more than happy that i escaped with a 22 lol (i seriously guessed on maybe 5 or more bio questions). for reading comp, i honestly didn't do anything special. i tried S&D while practicing, but for some reason it just didn't work for me. instead, i just read (or scanned) the entire passage once and used to highlighting tool religiously, then answered the questions. pretty basic strategy. hope everything went well for you!

I just finished my DAT a few hours ago, and my unofficial score report is as follows:

very happy with my scores! QR actually ended up being easier on the exam, but the biology was BRUTAL. i had a lot of random questions which were purely factual (you either know it or you don't) and i had 3-4 plant questions (COME ON). i honestly was very nervous about what my score would be during my break, so i'm more than happy that i escaped with a 22 lol (i seriously guessed on maybe 5 or more bio questions). for reading comp, i honestly didn't do anything special. i tried S&D while practicing, but for some reason it just didn't work for me. instead, i just read (or scanned) the entire passage once and used to highlighting tool religiously, then answered the questions. pretty basic strategy. hope everything went well for you!

Would you say that the hard questions on bio were random enough to the extent that it wasnt even on feralis' notes?

Would you say that the hard questions on bio were random enough to the extent that it wasnt even on feralis' notes?
The "random" bio questions on my DAT were all doable based on info from Feralis notes or the destroyer, they just required a little more digging. Don't overthink while studying, between those two materials you cover more than enough to do great. Best of luck! Also, go green ;)

The "random" bio questions on my DAT were all doable based on info from Feralis notes or the destroyer, they just required a little more digging. Don't overthink while studying, between those two materials you cover more than enough to do great. Best of luck! Also, go green ;)

GO WHITE!

And thanks, i stopped reviewing bio the past two weeks, and i forgot alot of what i learned so i have 5 days to learn it all back, while simultaneously drilling gen chem concepts and orgo rxns...

COMMENCE DRY HEAVING GUEHHEHHH

I agree, Feralis is extremely detailed. The last thing I wanna do is look at those notes right now lol but I'm sure if I look back, maybe 90-95% of my questions were all covered in Feralis. Bio is just one of those sections where you really need to go the extra mile.

Wow nice score!! Congratulation~~
I agree with you. The bio was hard ;_;
But for me QR was hardest. I ended up 18 and whole mark went down to AA21.
You did a good job!! Rest for now and Wish you the best luck with interview!! :D

Last edited:
Can anyone relate a more updated comparison between dat Bootcamp and real dat? Taking my exam in about 2 weeks.

I took the DAT yesterday. The DAT bootcamp tests were way more difficult than the normal sections on the DAT. On bootcamp I averaged 21 on all the Bio, Orgo, and Chem tests give or take 2 points on each test. On the actual DAT I ended with a 26 on Bio, and 24s on Chem and Orgo and an overall 23AA.
Also for Bio all I did were the quizlet flashcards based on the Bootcamp notes. Really detailed flashcards,

Reactions: 2 users
I took the DAT yesterday. The DAT bootcamp tests were way more difficult than the normal sections on the DAT. On bootcamp I averaged 21 on all the Bio, Orgo, and Chem tests give or take 2 points on each test. On the actual DAT I ended with a 26 on Bio, and 24s on Chem and Orgo and an overall 23AA.
Also for Bio all I did were the quizlet flashcards based on the Bootcamp notes. Really detailed flashcards,
How many times did you do the practice exams?

Can anyone relate a more updated comparison between dat Bootcamp and real dat? Taking my exam in about 2 weeks.

For the sciences, I thought the real DAT and bootcamp were generally pretty similar. As usual, there were a few questions in the bio section that I hadn't learned. The gen chem section was more straightforward, and orgo was about the same. The reading section had much easier articles (all 3 of my passages were 7-8 paragraphs). Math was similar to bootcamp except I felt the quantitative comparison questions were easier.

What threw me off was the PAT section. Specifically TFE and some keyholes questions felt pretty difficult compared to bootcamp, and I barely finished that section. I also had 3 rock keyhole questions. But I ended up scoring AA 26 on the real DAT, so even though some sections of it felt harder, I scored much higher on the real DAT than bootcamp.

For the sciences, I thought the real DAT and bootcamp were generally pretty similar. As usual, there were a few questions in the bio section that I hadn't learned. The gen chem section was more straightforward, and orgo was about the same. The reading section had much easier articles (all 3 of my passages were 7-8 paragraphs). Math was similar to bootcamp except I felt the quantitative comparison questions were easier.

What threw me off was the PAT section. Specifically TFE and some keyholes questions felt pretty difficult compared to bootcamp, and I barely finished that section. I also had 3 rock keyhole questions. But I ended up scoring AA 26 on the real DAT, so even though some sections of it felt harder, I scored much higher on the real DAT than bootcamp.
What were you scoring on boot camp?

i'm kind of panicking now. my exam is in 8 days and i know i'm not supposed to be comparing, but so many people have been reporting really good scores this year (24+). my scores on bootcamp keep changing. i was doing well on the first few bio exams (22) and test #8 it went down (19). ochem also significantly dropped from 21 to 17). any suggestions? do the full lengths on bootcamp get progressively harder and if so, which ones represent the real dat? aiming for a 21, is it possible with these bootcamp scores fluctuating horrifically?

how high were your scores on bootcamp's full lengths and which one out of the 10 did you feel was more similar to the real exam?

What were you scoring on boot camp?

I scored generally in 20-24 score range in bootcamp

how high were your scores on bootcamp's full lengths and which one out of the 10 did you feel was more similar to the real exam?

Because I did all the individual science tests before I did the full lengths, my scores in the sciences were pretty high only because it was my second time taking them. My bootcamp subscription expired now so I can't remember which test was similar to my real test. I do remember that gen chem didn't have too many calculations and if there were, they were pretty simple.

I remember I read a lot of posts saying how the real DAT was easier than bootcamp, and so I was freaked out when I was actually taking the test and realizing that certain sections were more difficult or that I was marking too many questions. However, the actual DAT scoring system seems to be more generous than bootcamp's, so it ended up being fine in the end

Wow, the DAT bootcamp price really went up. 500 bucks and 1000? It was like 200 bucks max ~ 5 years ago. This ARI guy really milking pre-dents. Sad. You would think that people that make these resources will make them fairly priced so underserved/poorer people actually had access to things like this to get good scores and be future dentists and advance their life. I mean it's not like Ari isn't already loaded af. Plus, how much overhead could DAT boot camp really have. You barely have to change any of the UI etc after you get it up and running.

Last edited: