DAT bootcampers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moonwalk44

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I noticed that Ari doesn't have all the DAT destroyer problems listed in his study guide.

Who has had experience doing them all and if so, tell me about it!

Thank you.

BUT IF

you just did the DATDestroyer problems that were assigned, how do you feel? Do you feel like there were still topics covered in DAT that maybe you could've covered if you had done them all? Or did you feel like mastering those assigned gives you the breadth of material you should know... I would love any responses!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

I followed his schedule for about 3/4 of it, but I would honestly recommend going through the entire DAT Destroyer 2-3x. You'll have everything you need.

Reactions: 2 users
I followed his schedule for about 3/4 of it, but I would honestly recommend going through the entire DAT Destroyer 2-3x. You'll have everything you need.

How many questions did you complete? What was the result?

Members don't see this ad :)
I did not use Ari's schedule, but I did complete the entire 627 Bio questions from the 2017 version twice. There is so much valuable information in there, and when you supplement it with Bootcamp I'd say you're ready to tackle 90-95% of the questions you could possibly get tested on.
My result was getting a 25 on the Bio section! :) Hope this helps.

Reactions: 1 user
How many questions did you complete? What was the result?

I did all of the questions in every section twice except quantitative reasoning, but I really rushed through it bc I only had a couple weeks and I got 19 bio 21 gchem 19 o chem. If I had taken my time, I really believe I could've gotten way higher scores. I just wanted to look at bootcamp questions as well and it turned into cramming unfortunately.

Reactions: 1 users
I did all of the questions in every section twice except quantitative reasoning, but I really rushed through it bc I only had a couple weeks and I got 19 bio 21 gchem 19 o chem. If I had taken my time, I really believe I could've gotten way higher scores. I just wanted to look at bootcamp questions as well and it turned into cramming unfortunately.

Nice, did you get any invites??

Nice, did you get any invites??

I just submitted my apps last night (nervous as hell hitting that submit button lol) and am in the process of sending off secondaries. Everything is in except an additional letter of rec, but I'm hoping since my committee letter is in things will still move along. I guess I'm on the later end of submission, but only relative to SDN.

I just submitted my apps last night (nervous as hell hitting that submit button lol) and am in the process of sending off secondaries. Everything is in except an additional letter of rec, but I'm hoping since my committee letter is in things will still move along. I guess I'm on the later end of submission, but only relative to SDN.

That's awesome... good luck I look forward to hearing. Wishing the best

Reactions: 1 user
I noticed that Ari doesn't have all the DAT destroyer problems listed in his study guide.

Who has had experience doing them all and if so, tell me about it!

Thank you.

BUT IF

you just did the DATDestroyer problems that were assigned, how do you feel? Do you feel like there were still topics covered in DAT that maybe you could've covered if you had done them all? Or did you feel like mastering those assigned gives you the breadth of material you should know... I would love any responses!

DAT destroyer is very useful, many pre-dental students use it (I have as well). ITS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

21 AA 20 TS 23 PAT

Personally if I had to do it all over again, I would watch Mike's videos on BC and then after that I would start going through Destroyer, take that back, go through Destroyer 2-3 times. Whenever I didn't know how to do a GC/OC question in Destroyer, the back of the book had great explanations, but I would also review it in the notes I took from Mike's videos. As for biology, I would watch YouTube videos by searching keywords from the problems (Crash Course has some great videos on YouTube). PAT and Math should be done everyday and those sections will fall in place.

Two weekends before your test, take the first 3 practice tests on BC (took mine fri/sat/sun consecutively). Then the weekend before your test, take the last two practice tests on BC. BC practice tests overall are a very good gauge of how you will do on the actual DAT (although universally everyone says expect 1-2 points per section higher on actual DAT compared to BC).

21 AA 20 TS 23 PAT

Personally if I had to do it all over again, I would watch Mike's videos on BC and then after that I would start going through Destroyer, take that back, go through Destroyer 2-3 times. Whenever I didn't know how to do a GC/OC question in Destroyer, the back of the book had great explanations, but I would also review it in the notes I took from Mike's videos. As for biology, I would watch YouTube videos by searching keywords from the problems (Crash Course has some great videos on YouTube). PAT and Math should be done everyday and those sections will fall in place.

Two weekends before your test, take the first 3 practice tests on BC (took mine fri/sat/sun consecutively). Then the weekend before your test, take the last two practice tests on BC. BC practice tests overall are a very good gauge of how you will do on the actual DAT (although universally everyone says expect 1-2 points per section higher on actual DAT compared to BC).

Incredible response!! Did you score higher on the rea DAT than the BC?

Incredible response!! Did you score higher on the rea DAT than the BC?

BOOTCAMP:
BIO - 25 | 22 | 18 | 22 | 21 AVG - 21.6
GC - 21 | 19 | 22 | 24 | 21 AVG - 21.4
OC - 19 | 19 | 18 | 22 | 20 AVG - 19.6
RC - 19 | 21 | 23 | 24 | 22 AVG - 21.8
PAT - 22 | 24 | 25 | 23 | 23 AVG - 23.4
QR - 20 | 22 | 24 | 20 | 20 AVG - 21.2

REAL DAT:
BIO - 20
GC - 19
OC - 21