PAT : 22
QR: 30
RC: 20
Bio: 23
Chem:23
Ochem 29
TS: 24
AA:25

Finally finished the DAT! Like a lot of people here, I definitely have been on these forums ever since I was thinking about the DAT. Searching for information on which materials were the best. So to hopefully give back to the community, that basically guided me to making the score I got, I wanted to post how I felt on the materials I used for the DAT

Materials used:
DAT destroyer
Bootcamp
DAT q vault
Top score
Cliffs notes
Feralis
Chad’s Videos
Crack the DAT PAT
Math destroyer

Background: Taken bio chem and ochem. I’ve also taken human physiology which I would highly recommend anyone taking the DAT to have taken too. Helped a lot in understanding body systems a lot easier. When I took the DAT I had just taken Ochem so it was one of the subjects I put only a small amount of time in compared to bio and chem which basically took all my time. Studied for about 2 and a half months from June to August 18, the day of my test.

Bio: Just gonna say Feralis notes is basically your bible here. Cliffs notes is great in introducing concepts and explaining them in a detailed fashion but Feralis notes has a few concepts that aren’t covered in Cliffs that you need ex: bones, integumentary, etc. DAT q vault and boot camp did amazing jobs testing concepts and I would highly recommend. DAT destroyer, though a bit overkill, was also worth my time as it tested concepts very thoroughly making sure you knew your stuff. I have conflicting feelings about topscore. While it did test some concepts very well it threw out a lot of random questions sometimes and… honestly, I felt that if you truly wanted to simulate your test that’s a pretty good way of doing it. The truth of the matter is that you may see some questions you’ve just never seen before on the DAT. I know I did.

Chem: Chad’s videos, DAT destroyer, and bootcamp here are all MUST GETS. Chad’s videos provides all the information you need here, DAT destroyer gives great practice and exposure to all sorts of questions they could ask you, and bootcamp definitely simulated the test as close as any other test material in my opinion. DAT q vault, while not essential, definitely enjoyed the extra practice it gave me though I didn’t feel it may have hit the mark as well as the other resources. Topscore though had great questions had ridiculous calculations that you definitely would never see on the actual dat.

Ochem: This was a section I spent very little time on due to taking the DAT fresh straight out of Ochem 2. I will say though that DAT destroyer and boot camp was definitely great practice for this section and essential. DAT q vault was also a great resource although it may have asked a bit more challenging questions.

Qualitative reasoning: Math destroyer and Q vault were ESSENTIAL for this one. Q vault definitely felt very similar in format to the DAT and I would definitely attribute my scores to Q vault. Math destroyer was great but I wouldn’t time myself or anything as the questions are quite long. Another note about boot camp, honestly I tried one test and I just felt that it wasn’t similar to the format at all and completely dropped it. I don’t really feel that boot camp is a great section for this one.

Reading comprehension : Honestly I’m horrible at reading. Never been good at it. Definitely should have practiced more for this one but what’s done is done. I practiced maybe about 3 times a week in the 2 months that I was studying definitely should have practiced more since I knew it was a weakpoint. Top score I would definitely say was the absolute more similar thing to this passage wise and question wise. Bootcamp and q vault were also good resources for this although boot camp had a problem with too many tone questions while q vault had a problem with too easy search and destroy questions.

Perceptual Ability: Definitely struggled on this one since the very start. Seemed like a very very unfamiliar beast but like what everyone says. Practice definitely makes perfect. Started off from like a 16 on CDP so I wasn’t totally unhappy with this score. Crack the DAT PAT definitely was a great start to introducing PAT but overall I definitely don’t think its enough on its own as it has extremely easy keyholes but the rest of the sections were very similar with the exception of the hard cube counting. Boot camp I felt was the most representative for PAT and the reason why I could manage a 22 at all. Although I’m not sure if it was my mental state or something but I definitely thought key holes and TFE were a bit harder than anything ive seen on both tests. The rest of the test however is pretty similar to CDP and bootcamp. Oh and forget topscore. Topscore is laughably easy for this section.

Something I want to address that I never knew about. You can’t review all your questions until you reach the end. I thought this was super annoying especially for the reading section so what I did was skip to the end as fast as possible so I could actually review over all my questions and jump around to questions as fast as possible. Definitely helped me save time on reading.

Last thing I wanted to say to future pre dental students who are going to study for the DAT. Its gonna be a pretty hard 2-3 months and you might be tempted to quit but definitely if you keep with it, a great DAT score is totally manageable.

enamel88

5+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 24, 2012
CA
Status
Dental Student
Awesome scores! Can you post your Bootcamp test scores? And what strategy did you use for the RC?

Reactions: dentalgirl101

barca13

2+ Year Member
Jun 1, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
Congrats once again bro! Time to hit deadlifts now! It seems I made my breakdown too detailed compared to yours lol

OP
B

bingo74

2+ Year Member
Jul 17, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
Great score. Can you post qv scores as well?
yeah here ya go!
bio 27/22/21/22/20/20/20/22/19/19
chem 24/21/22/21/20/19/22/21/20/20
ochem 22/24/26/21/20/20/22/29/19/22
QR 21/23/23/24/21/23/26/25/23/25
Reading 21/22/21/21/21/20

2+ Year Member
Dec 24, 2014
Status
Dental Student
yeah here ya go!
bio 27/22/21/22/20/20/20/22/19/19
chem 24/21/22/21/20/19/22/21/20/20
ochem 22/24/26/21/20/20/22/29/19/22
QR 21/23/23/24/21/23/26/25/23/25
Reading 21/22/21/21/21/20
Thank you!

OP
B

bingo74

2+ Year Member
Jul 17, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
Awesome scores! Can you post your Bootcamp test scores? And what strategy did you use for the RC?
I'm sorry to say I did not document my boot camp scores very well :( apologies for that. I did use vicviper's reading comprehension strategy.

OP
B

bingo74

2+ Year Member
Jul 17, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
Congrats once again bro! Time to hit deadlifts now! It seems I made my breakdown too detailed compared to yours lol
holy crap dude your breakdown was detailed LMAO makes me look bad xD and yeah I'm starting to exercise again to hopefully recover from this DAT haha

orgoman22

DAT DESTROYER... Dr. Romano and Nancy
Lifetime Donor
Sponsor
Vendor
10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
New York City
www.orgoman.com
Status
Non-Student
PAT : 22
QR: 30
RC: 20
Bio: 23
Chem:23
Ochem 29
TS: 24
AA:25

Finally finished the DAT! Like a lot of people here, I definitely have been on these forums ever since I was thinking about the DAT. Searching for information on which materials were the best. So to hopefully give back to the community, that basically guided me to making the score I got, I wanted to post how I felt on the materials I used for the DAT

Materials used:
DAT destroyer
Bootcamp
DAT q vault
Top score
Cliffs notes
Feralis
Chad’s Videos
Crack the DAT PAT
Math destroyer

Background: Taken bio chem and ochem. I’ve also taken human physiology which I would highly recommend anyone taking the DAT to have taken too. Helped a lot in understanding body systems a lot easier. When I took the DAT I had just taken Ochem so it was one of the subjects I put only a small amount of time in compared to bio and chem which basically took all my time. Studied for about 2 and a half months from June to August 18, the day of my test.

Bio: Just gonna say Feralis notes is basically your bible here. Cliffs notes is great in introducing concepts and explaining them in a detailed fashion but Feralis notes has a few concepts that aren’t covered in Cliffs that you need ex: bones, integumentary, etc. DAT q vault and boot camp did amazing jobs testing concepts and I would highly recommend. DAT destroyer, though a bit overkill, was also worth my time as it tested concepts very thoroughly making sure you knew your stuff. I have conflicting feelings about topscore. While it did test some concepts very well it threw out a lot of random questions sometimes and… honestly, I felt that if you truly wanted to simulate your test that’s a pretty good way of doing it. The truth of the matter is that you may see some questions you’ve just never seen before on the DAT. I know I did.

Chem: Chad’s videos, DAT destroyer, and bootcamp here are all MUST GETS. Chad’s videos provides all the information you need here, DAT destroyer gives great practice and exposure to all sorts of questions they could ask you, and bootcamp definitely simulated the test as close as any other test material in my opinion. DAT q vault, while not essential, definitely enjoyed the extra practice it gave me though I didn’t feel it may have hit the mark as well as the other resources. Topscore though had great questions had ridiculous calculations that you definitely would never see on the actual dat.

Ochem: This was a section I spent very little time on due to taking the DAT fresh straight out of Ochem 2. I will say though that DAT destroyer and boot camp was definitely great practice for this section and essential. DAT q vault was also a great resource although it may have asked a bit more challenging questions.

Qualitative reasoning: Math destroyer and Q vault were ESSENTIAL for this one. Q vault definitely felt very similar in format to the DAT and I would definitely attribute my scores to Q vault. Math destroyer was great but I wouldn’t time myself or anything as the questions are quite long. Another note about boot camp, honestly I tried one test and I just felt that it wasn’t similar to the format at all and completely dropped it. I don’t really feel that boot camp is a great section for this one.

Reading comprehension : Honestly I’m horrible at reading. Never been good at it. Definitely should have practiced more for this one but what’s done is done. I practiced maybe about 3 times a week in the 2 months that I was studying definitely should have practiced more since I knew it was a weakpoint. Top score I would definitely say was the absolute more similar thing to this passage wise and question wise. Bootcamp and q vault were also good resources for this although boot camp had a problem with too many tone questions while q vault had a problem with too easy search and destroy questions.

Perceptual Ability: Definitely struggled on this one since the very start. Seemed like a very very unfamiliar beast but like what everyone says. Practice definitely makes perfect. Started off from like a 16 on CDP so I wasn’t totally unhappy with this score. Crack the DAT PAT definitely was a great start to introducing PAT but overall I definitely don’t think its enough on its own as it has extremely easy keyholes but the rest of the sections were very similar with the exception of the hard cube counting. Boot camp I felt was the most representative for PAT and the reason why I could manage a 22 at all. Although I’m not sure if it was my mental state or something but I definitely thought key holes and TFE were a bit harder than anything ive seen on both tests. The rest of the test however is pretty similar to CDP and bootcamp. Oh and forget topscore. Topscore is laughably easy for this section.

Something I want to address that I never knew about. You can’t review all your questions until you reach the end. I thought this was super annoying especially for the reading section so what I did was skip to the end as fast as possible so I could actually review over all my questions and jump around to questions as fast as possible. Definitely helped me save time on reading.

Last thing I wanted to say to future pre dental students who are going to study for the DAT. Its gonna be a pretty hard 2-3 months and you might be tempted to quit but definitely if you keep with it, a great DAT score is totally manageable.
Congratulations bingo74! :soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::clap::clap:

Amazing scores and QR 30, what the???:eek: That's very rare indeed.. You shattered the science sections and the DAT Beast was slain once again!:banana: Hooray.. You put in the hard work and did not take the DAT until you were fully prepared. Like you stated " A great DAT score is totally manageable", with hard work and perseverance.

Thanks for the detailed breakdown and your advice in the reading sections..this is a tough section for a lot of students and your advice will help a lot of student yet to take the DAT!

Celebrate, YOU deserve it!

Wishing you the best ...

Dr. Jim Romano and Nancy

OP
B

bingo74

2+ Year Member
Jul 17, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
Congratulations bingo74! :soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::clap::clap:

Amazing scores and QR 30, what the???:eek: That's very rare indeed.. You shattered the science sections and the DAT Beast was slain once again!:banana: Hooray.. You put in the hard work and did not take the DAT until you were fully prepared. Like you stated " A great DAT score is totally manageable", with hard work and perseverance.

Thanks for the detailed breakdown and your advice in the reading sections..this is a tough section for a lot of students and your advice will help a lot of student yet to take the DAT!

Celebrate, YOU deserve it!

Wishing you the best ...

Dr. Jim Romano and Nancy
Theres no way I can express how thankful I am for your resources, definitely was the biggest factor in my DAT score. :)

Reactions: orgoman22