1. It’s Test Prep Week! Visit the Test Prep Forums to learn about test prep products and services, ask questions in test-related AMA threads, take advantage of exclusive SDN member discounts, and enter to win free stuff!

Dat Breakdown 02-19-2014

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by dkast, Feb 19, 2014.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. dkast

dkast 5+ Year Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Iʻve been part of SDN for a LONG while now...

First time I took the DAT it was 2010 and I got a 15. LOL

RETAKE:
    PAT 22
    QR 15
    RC 23
    BIO 19
    GCHEM 20
    OCHEM 17
    TS 19
    AA 19

Now I know everyoneʻs thinking... Those scores suck... But man I worked hard for those scores... The QR and OCHEM was weird... I really thought I got 20ʻs on those sections... I was thrown off when my score popped up. I went down in PAT and QR... First test were 24 & 19. But I didnʻt practice both of those at all. I just read bio, gen chem, ochem, and qr. I wouldnʻt suggest it, but it shows that you must put more time into the subjects youʻre not great at.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Futuredentguy2015

Futuredentguy2015

Dec 27, 2013
    I would be happy with those scores lol

4. dkast

dkast 5+ Year Member

Aug 21, 2010
    The tactic no one talks about with the RC that is a sure winner... Is write down 1-10 or however many paragraphs they have... and write down key words and short mention of what it was saying... Then you arenʻt going back and forth you can just look at your sheet and itʻll say what you wrote down.

5. emitpeels

emitpeels 2+ Year Member

May 22, 2013
    Great work! I will be retaking again so I understand all the pain of rebuying materials and studying again. Could you please do a breakdown of how you felt the materials matched to the test?

6. SGStudent

SGStudent 2+ Year Member

Feb 16, 2012
    You should be proud from 15 to 19, 20, and 17. I am actually same boat as you, my first test was also terrible, I was kinda pressured to take it, regardless I am studying hard to retake it and improve well as you did. If you don't mind can you do a breakdown?