DAT Breakdown 08/10/15

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

x0jessmariex3

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
DAT Scores
BIO/GC/OC/PAT/RC/QR
19/23/20/25/17/21

Studied for about 8 weeks before the test (Mon-Fri) about 5-6 hours a day, although I took a few days off here and there. The materials I used were Chad's videos (mainly GC, OC, and QR), DAT Destroyer, Cliffs AP Bio Notes, and DAT BC!

I first used Chads videos to review all the material that would be covered in the chemistry's and math. I think they were very helpful to begin your studying. I also took notes on any topics that I struggled with even a little. I took the quizzes after each video to make sure I grasped that particular topic as well. After watching Chad's videos, I went through Destroyer once and got about 60% right of GC and Orgo, 50% Bio and 85% QR. I reviewed all the questions I got wrong. I then read through Cliff AP Bio, took NOTES on almost all the chapters, and took the end of chapter reviews as well. About a week before my exam I began taking One BC practice exam each day, and reviewing all the answers I got wrong and writing the explanations from BC down in a notebook. I really think BC is AMAZING especially for PAT never got more than a 20 on BC and scored 25 on the real DAT. There explanations are the best tool EVER! PAT on the real DAT felt so much easier, which was a real relief. I then reviewed my notebook of explanations on the answers I got wrong. Finally, I took the 2009 ADA to see how ready I felt to take the real DAT. The day before the exam I only read over my notes from Chad's Videos. Overall, I am pretty satisfied with my scores except my RC I am a little disappointed . I truly recommend Search and Destroy method for this section because I spent way too much time reading the first two passages, then I had to guess the last 8 questions. Most of the questions can be answered using Search and Destroy, I would say I only got about 3-5 tone questions out of the 50 on RC.

BC avgs
Bio-18 GC-20 OC-18 PA-18 RC-20 QR-20

2009 ADA test
Bio/GC/OC/PA/RC/QR
18/21/19/22/19/16

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
I don't think BC RC is similar to DAT I think it's actually harder than real DAT. The real DAT had a lot of factual questions than can easily be found in passage. Also I wasted a lot of time on first 2 passages that I had to guess practically half of the questions on the 3rd passage with the time I had left (45 sec)

Hai!

To practice QR, did you use DAT destroyer's QR instead of Math Destroyer then? Or are you naturally good at math and didn't practice that much. Thanks! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I just used the QR from destroyer but got most right the first time and didn't study much more for QR, except for DAT BC practice exams.

I do think Chads videos goes over most of the types of problems that you see in the QR section, so if there is certain areas where you struggle I suggest watching those.

I just used the QR from destroyer but got most right the first time and didn't study much more for QR, except for DAT BC practice exams.

I do think Chads videos goes over most of the types of problems that you see in the QR section, so if there is certain areas where you struggle I suggest watching those.
thank you! :)

Reactions: 1 user