Dat Breakdown 1/17/17

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

passmaster

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I have read a couple dozen of other students Dat Breakdowns and they have been tremendously helpful so I figured I would return the favor. Hopefully this is helpful.

PA/ 24
QR/ 22
RC/ 21
BIO/ 20
GCH/22
OCH/29
TS/ 22
AA/23

I am going to start by saying that I could kiss Chad on his bald head and not even feel weird about it. I have only finished the first semester of Ochem and just started the second. I pounded all his videos of Genchem and Ochem on coursesaver at 2x's the speed in 3 days and that saved my life. (yes it was like 30 hrs and yes it was crazy and I wanted to die but it was worth it.) He has a 10 page study guide of the reactions to know. I memorized all of them and that was amazingly helpful. He also has a 15 pg Gen chem study guide and that was also very helpful but not to the same degree as the Ochem Reactions. As you can see it definitely worked out for me in that section. I was not anticipating doing this well and literally cried when I got my results. the reason being is because these were my scores on all of..

Dat Bootcamp Breakdowns
PA/QR/RC/BIO/GCH/OCH
#1) 21/17/19/20/16/16 (this was the like base line, 0 study to find out where I was at)
#2) 25/20/20/19/23/18 (after some study and practice generators of Bootcamp)
#3) 23/17/20/16/19/18
#4) 21/19/23/18/21/21
#5) 20/20/21/20/19/22

Testing Day-
- So I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND running through the Biology and then Ochem and then to Genchem. I ran through BIO, jumped to Ochem, and finished them both in about 30 mins. I had an hour to work through Gen chem and review problems. which was beautiful because I always seemed to miss the little details they would throw into the Genchem problems on the practice tests but with this much time I had all the time I needed to work and rework these problems. (okay realistically I finished and had like 55 mins to work on gen chem)
-Reading Comprehension was the only section I really felt pressed for time on.

Biology
-Flashcarded the crap out of KBB and then found feralis notes like 3 days before the test.and wished I had pounded that instead haha. I felt like feralis was the way that I learn. quick. important facts. to the point. It was beautiful. Highly recommend memorizing all 85 pgs of that haha. goodluck.
-hardest section to study for by FAR. so much material, it is daunting.

Gchem
-It all came back to me when studying chad. I think watching all his videos was the best thing I could have done. KBB was bull in this area I felt.. only resource used. and feedback from bootcamp

OChem
-So to reiterate I just started semester 2 and got a 29. Chad is a wizard. honestly this and my Ochem textbook were the only resources I used. and feedback from bootcamp

PA
-I enjoyed studying for this but slacked off as I was studying for the sciences. Bootcamp was great I felt. Apertures were more difficult on the exam. but shifting your eyes for the angles was a huge help.

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 61
Reactions: 1 user
Hey great job! My score was almost the same but flipped. 22AA and 23TS. I almost screamed as well when I got to that last screen page which would've been SUPER awkward. I bet it feels real nice to be done. Like a fat booger you just picked. You know the ones I'm talking about where it almost tickles your brain when it's coming out. :claps::laugh: