DAT Breakdown 2017 10/26/2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hunterdan

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just a bit about me I just finished my sophomore year and will be applying for Dental School this upcoming summer. I have read over many other DAT breakdowns in order to better plan and prepare for my DAT so I’d like to give back to Ari with DATbootcamp and Dr. Romano with DAT destroyer just a little bit by writing this DAT breakdown and recommending their study tools for everyone and anyone looking to conquer the DAT. My break down takes place over 10-weeks as Ari recommends, but does not follow Ari’s exact routine. I studied anywhere from 5-8 hours on any given day and tended to take one day off per week.

First Month:

I started my studies using Dat-QVault. I basically used QVault to get a general idea of the types of concepts that could be on the DAT. I did all sections of QVault twice, besides reading. The first time I went over the material while reading Cliff Notes AP Bio to review any subjects that I missed a question in. Then I repeated the DAT qvault for a second time with more of a testing mindset. I made a flashcard for each I missed on the second time. I highly recommend Qvault it is a great resource for all sections of the test.

Second Month:

An even better resource and I might even say the best resource I encountered was DAT Destroyer. I spent the second month going over the DAT destroyer book by Dr. Romano and the Math Destroyer book. I did the DAT destroyer the first time through and was doing horribly. That took me two weeks. I did it a second time as well timed. That also took me two weeks and I still missed quite a few, however for each one I missed I made a flashcard for it.

Last Two Weeks:

I did each DAT bootcamp practice test. These were more for me seeing what I still lacked in knowledge or practice. Here were my DAT bootcamp practice test scores. I highly recommend DAT bootcamp as your final two weeks of studying because at this point the main things you need to practice are timing and stress control. The DAT bootcamps tests will prepare for very well if you take them each seriously as if it were your real DAT test.

BIO: 20/24/21/20/22

Gen: 23/30/22/30/25

OCh: 22/22/21/20/23

PAT: 17/18/19/21/24

QR: 20/19/18/18/19

Last Three Days:

Here I took the 2007 then the 2009 ADA tests.

2007 ADA: 30/30/30/21/23/20

2009 ADA: 22/23/22/24/19/17

Both the 2007 and 2009 are a good way to tell where you stand. The math on 2009 is crazy.

Final Day:

The day before my test I went for a run and attended my Church’s local temple to find peace. I’d recommend not studying the day before at all. Whenever I thought about the DAT I just stressed out and thought I still didn’t know enough. So just relax your day before.

Test Day:

Don’t Drink water!!! Haha I had to pee during PAT and it took about 7 minutes to get back to my computer. Really though just do your best to trust in the hard work you did to prepare for the test.

Final Score:
23 AA 24 TS 21 PAT 26 GC 24 BIO 23 OC 22 RC 22 QR

Thanks for all your breakdowns that I have read in the past months and I hope this breakdown helps someone else like your breakdowns helped me!!!!!

22788971_1499629256757802_5472753099035903259_n.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Awesome, awesome scores. Congratulations!
Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just a bit about me I just finished my sophomore year and will be applying for Dental School this upcoming summer. I have read over many other DAT breakdowns in order to better plan and prepare for my DAT so I’d like to give back to Ari with DATbootcamp and Dr. Romano with DAT destroyer just a little bit by writing this DAT breakdown and recommending their study tools for everyone and anyone looking to conquer the DAT. My break down takes place over 10-weeks as Ari recommends, but does not follow Ari’s exact routine. I studied anywhere from 5-8 hours on any given day and tended to take one day off per week.

First Month:

I started my studies using Dat-QVault. I basically used QVault to get a general idea of the types of concepts that could be on the DAT. I did all sections of QVault twice, besides reading. The first time I went over the material while reading Cliff Notes AP Bio to review any subjects that I missed a question in. Then I repeated the DAT qvault for a second time with more of a testing mindset. I made a flashcard for each I missed on the second time. I highly recommend Qvault it is a great resource for all sections of the test.

Second Month:

An even better resource and I might even say the best resource I encountered was DAT Destroyer. I spent the second month going over the DAT destroyer book by Dr. Romano and the Math Destroyer book. I did the DAT destroyer the first time through and was doing horribly. That took me two weeks. I did it a second time as well timed. That also took me two weeks and I still missed quite a few, however for each one I missed I made a flashcard for it.

Last Two Weeks:

I did each DAT bootcamp practice test. These were more for me seeing what I still lacked in knowledge or practice. Here were my DAT bootcamp practice test scores. I highly recommend DAT bootcamp as your final two weeks of studying because at this point the main things you need to practice are timing and stress control. The DAT bootcamps tests will prepare for very well if you take them each seriously as if it were your real DAT test.

BIO: 20/24/21/20/22

Gen: 23/30/22/30/25

OCh: 22/22/21/20/23

PAT: 17/18/19/21/24

QR: 20/19/18/18/19

Last Three Days:

Here I took the 2007 then the 2009 ADA tests.

2007 ADA: 30/30/30/21/23/20

2009 ADA: 22/23/22/24/19/17

Both the 2007 and 2009 are a good way to tell where you stand. The math on 2009 is crazy.

Final Day:

The day before my test I went for a run and attended my Church’s local temple to find peace. I’d recommend not studying the day before at all. Whenever I thought about the DAT I just stressed out and thought I still didn’t know enough. So just relax your day before.

Test Day:

Don’t Drink water!!! Haha I had to pee during PAT and it took about 7 minutes to get back to my computer. Really though just do your best to trust in the hard work you did to prepare for the test.

Thanks for all your breakdowns that I have read in the past months and I hope this breakdown helps someone else like your breakdowns helped me!!!!!

22788971_1499629256757802_5472753099035903259_n.jpg
Congratulations! DAT Beast Destroyed!

Dr. Jim Romano

Congratulations! DAT Beast Destroyed!

Dr. Jim Romano
Thanks! DAT destroyer was my favorite resource that I used!!! Some people say that they think it is too hard but I think that it was the perfect practice! The chemistry sections were tough but prepared me well. The biology section I found to be very representative of the DAT! Thanks again!!

Hey! Congrats on the awesome DAT score! I know I am a little late to this but just curious, do you remember if you happened to come across any trigonometry or geometry?