QR: 18
RC: 20
Bio: 21
GC: 23
OC: 29
TS: 23
AA: 22

I studied for 7 weeks.

PAT - I used Crack the PAT and DAT BC. I ALWAYS kept getting 18's on DAT BC so I was surprised.
RC - DAT BC
QR - I just suck at math but DAT BC was kind of irrelevant and DAT destroyer helped
For chem and bio I used Kaplan's book and DAT destroyer. I suggest getting and doing both. Kaplan gives the basics and then DAT destroyer helps you build on the info in Kaplan.
And for orgo, I just had a realllyyy good Orgo teacher so I just used her notes.

:)

Last edited:

enamel88

5+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 24, 2012
CA
Status
Dental Student
Was bootcamp more difficult than the real exam?

OP
K
Jul 8, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
Great job! How did your bc scores compare, and overall difficulty?
I mainly used BC for Pat (all 18's) so I only did 1 bio test (21 I think?) and 3 chem tests (low 20's) from there.
For science, I don't think it was that difficult because it didn't ask a lot of specific questions. I thought it would be super specific for bio but it wasnt and even chemistry didn't have that many calculations.
Reading- my eyes were getting strained and I was getting sleepy so that may have affected it but it wasnt so bad.
Math- ....... I just don't like math...

Reactions: 510586

2+ Year Member
Dec 24, 2014
Status
Dental Student
I mainly used BC for Pat (all 18's) so I only did 1 bio test (21 I think?) and 3 chem tests (low 20's) from there.
For science, I don't think it was that difficult because it didn't ask a lot of specific questions. I thought it would be super specific for bio but it wasnt and even chemistry didn't have that many calculations.
Reading- my eyes were getting strained and I was getting sleepy so that may have affected it but it wasnt so bad.
Math- ....... I just don't like math...
So genchem conceptuals aren't too bad? Like chad+destroyer+qv covers enough? I'm actually most worried about conceptuals since I usually bang out math parts alright. And you said reading is easier?

OP
K
Jul 8, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
Was bootcamp more difficult than the real exam?
I think so but in the real exam keyholes were just as difficult as BC for me, I guessed on some. The cubes and the angles in the real exam are much bigger so that helped. Also, the pattern folding was wayyy easier!

OP
K
Jul 8, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
So genchem conceptuals aren't too bad? Like chad+destroyer+qv covers enough? I'm actually most worried about conceptuals since I usually bang out math parts alright. And you said reading is easier?
There werent that many conceptuals actually. I think you will be good! :)
I think reading was at the same level as BC. Except there were none of those *First statement and second statement* questions. Just make sure you are fresh!

Reactions: 510586

orgoman22

DAT DESTROYER
Lifetime Donor
Sponsor
Vendor
10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
New York City
www.orgoman.com
Status
Non-Student
WOW I am sooo glad that's over!
PAT: 22
QR: 18
RC: 20
Bio: 21
GC: 23
OC: 29
TS: 23
AA: 22

I studied for 7 weeks.

PAT - I used Crack the PAT and DAT BC. I ALWAYS kept getting 18's on DAT BC so I was surprised.
RC - DAT BC
QR - I just suck at math but DAT BC was kind of irrelevant and DAT destroyer helped
For chem and bio I used Kaplan's book and DAT destroyer. I suggest getting and doing both. Kaplan gives the basics and then DAT destroyer helps you build on the info in Kaplan.
And for orgo, I just had a realllyyy good Orgo teacher so I just used her notes.

:)
Congratulations!! khadcheemz :):):clap::clap::soexcited::highfive:

Wow!!! Awesome scores! The DAT Beast was no match for you!!! Love your Chemistry scores especially the 29 in Orgo:love:. It was very nice or you to acknowledge your teacher, your were very fortunate to have an excellent Professor for Orgo, all students aren't so lucky.

Thank you for the breakdown, it will help students that are still studying..

Your hard work paid off, you will receive MANY interviews with these scores.

Wishing you the best and thanks for the shout out!!

Dr. Jim Romano and Nancy

Jul 13, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
How long would you say you studied per section? If you are able to put maybe a total on it. Thanks!

OP
K
Jul 8, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
Congratulations!! khadcheemz :):):clap::clap::soexcited::highfive:

Wow!!! Awesome scores! The DAT Beast was no match for you!!! Love your Chemistry scores especially the 29 in Orgo:love:. It was very nice or you to acknowledge your teacher, your were very fortunate to have an excellent Professor for Orgo, all students aren't so lucky.

Thank you for the breakdown, it will help students that are still studying..

Your hard work paid off, you will receive MANY interviews with these scores.

Wishing you the best and thanks for the shout out!!

Dr. Jim Romano and Nancy
Thank you very much!! :):joyful:
DAT destroyer did help a lot :))) thank you!!

Reactions: orgoman22
OP
K
Jul 8, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
How long would you say you studied per section? If you are able to put maybe a total on it. Thanks!
The first monthish I think 4-5 hours bio then 4 hours Chem and maybe 2 hours orgo a day. Then 6th week I did each subject each day for the whole day. The last week I just reviewed and did practice tests.