DAT Breakdown 22AA 22TS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tbiv21

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm so relieved to finally be done with the DAT and not have to be stressed about it anymore. I wasn't sure if I was going to do a breakdown since there have been so many good ones lately, but I always liked comparing scores that people got on practice tests with what they got on the real thing. So here are mine.
=========PA/QR/RC/Bio/GC/OC/TS/AA
=====DAT: 21/20/ 25 / 22/ 22 / 21 / 22/22
Bootcamp 1: 20/20/18/ 20/ 19/ 20 /
=======2: 21/19/18/ 21 / 19/21/
=======3: 19/X/20/ 22 / 26/22/
=======4: 19/X/19/ 18 / 19/19/
=======5: 19/X/19/ 23 / 21/20/
=2009 DAT: 23/18/19/ 21/ 23/19/ 21/ 20 (I saw two different scoring charts so not sure how accurate the conversion is for this since the one I saw recently would have given my higher scores)
Crack PAT Scores: 19, 18, 18, 19, 23, 22
GPA:3.65 SGPA: 3.5

PAT (21) (Bootcamp, CDP): This section does get better with practice. I started with CDP and I sucked at TFE so I would skip that then come back to it. For the first few tests I had to guess on about 3/4 of the TFE because I would run out of time. After practice that became one of my better sections and I got a lot faster with the hole punches. I found bootcamp to have harder keyholes and slightly harder hole punches, but everything else was similar to bootcamp. I had about 5 minutes left which I never had on bootcamp. I also thought the PAT section of the 2009 test was easier. Also try not to drink too much water before the test because I was about to make them have to throw out a fifth chair from bodily fluids and I had trouble concentrating while reviewing.

QR (20) (Chad's, Bootcamp, Math Destroyer): I found Chad's to be helpful since I haven't had a math class in about 10 years. I did about 30 problems in math destroyer, but thought it was too difficult and I didn't have much time to spend for this section. After I took a couple bootcamp tests a week ago and got 20 and 19 and thought I'm fine since I would have been fine with a 19 (Even though I know you are supposed to use it as a learning tool).

Reading (25): I was pretty surprised to see my score for this considering all of my practice scores. I searched and destroyed for the most part. The first article was interesting so I read it all, but the last two were pure S&D. I found it easier than bootcamp because I didn't have any where they give you two statements and you have to say which is true or false. The articles were similar length and style though. I did find it helpful to go through practice tests and find what works since the first two on bootcamp I would read the article and then find myself going through finding the answer any way.

Bio (22) (Cliff's, Ferali's, anki cards someone made of Ferali's, DAT Destroyer, Bootcamp): As everyone says it is random because there is just so much information. I would go over anki cards when I was outside with my kids or had a spare moment and near the end was going through about 400-500 cards a day. I only got through about 100 questions on destroyer because of time. Bootcamp was very representative of the real thing. It all depends on your test though because there is so much info. I went some stuff in Ferali's for about three hours before my test and that helped me answer two questions I wouldn't have gotten otherwise, but I am one to always study until the last minute. Only one plant question. I did well in all of my bio classes too which helped a lot.

GC/OC (22/21) (CHAD'S!, Bootcamp, Destroyer)- Chad is the man. Went through all of the videos and quizzes. I found Bootcamp to be helpful and pretty close to the actual thing. I found GC on the DAT to be easier, but I also went over that a lot this week so I am not sure if that is part of it. Again only got through about 100 questions of each on Destroyer and thought it was overkill. I also did not do great in my chemistry classes with B's so it can eventually be learned (it also helps that they're all simple calculations and no drawing mechanisms)

Overall, I am super happy with my scores as I was just hoping for a 20 going in. I quit my job a year ago, since it was the only way to finish the prereqs, and I have been watching my 3 and 1 year old boys full time while taking classes and studying for the DAT while the wife works. I had about 3 hours in the morning and 3 in the evening to study with no free time at all (No NBA playoffs for the first time ever). Do what you gotta do to make time. This turned out to be way longer than planned. Good luck all.
Edit: I forgot to mention to make sure to know the names of the reactions. There were probably three or four questions that gave the name of the reactant and the name of the reaction to figure out the product

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Huge congratz! Seriously amazed at how you could juggle all of that workload. Gj!

Btw how long did it take you to receive the 2009 DAT from them after you bought it?

Thanks! I actually did the online version since I decided to do it too late to be able to get the written version. I took it two days ago to gauge where I was at and was able to go through afterwards and I wrote down the questions I got wrong to learn from my mistakes.

Last edited:
I heard they just give you the scores online and you can't review your questions unless I read some post wrong?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I read that too, but I was able to go through the questions afterward. I forgot what button it was to look over the questions, but it is there. They just didn't have the answers but it was a good learning experience finding the answers.

I studied for 2 months around 6 hours a day. Some days would be less some a little more. This last week my mom came to town to watch the kids so I studied around 10-12 hours Mon-Fri which was a big help going over everything again.