Dat breakdown (23 AA 23 TS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dailycoughdrops

Reaction score
Background: graduated undergrad in 2020 with a biology degree.

Resources used:

Dat booster notes & video

Chad video for remaining organic topics.

Math destroyer (test 1-3)

Study schedule

I studied for 13 weeks. I was planning to take 4 months, but I realized I would be able to finish earlier, so I changed to an earlier testing date. pure studying time was like 6-8 hours.

I followed the Feralis 12 weeks schedule for content learning (4-5 weeks), and I studied biology notes again for 3 week.

Bio (22)

It’s been awhile since I graduated, so I barely remembered this section. I mainly used the Feralis biology notes and used youtube videos for things that needed pictures and processes (heart circulation...). After the first round of biology reading, I barely remembered anything, so I readed again. It took 8 - 9 weeks because I was sick in between. I did extra questions also. The real test was like the state standardized test we took in high school; 70% of tests are easy but 30% are something that we would not expect to be on.

Tips: utilize video contents as much as possible to remember processes like heart circulation … It really saves time than just reading facts.

Organic(22)

I thought I answered most of them, but I was running out of time as I answered. In terms of mechanism, you only need to know the BASICs (SN & E). Also, be sure to know radical reactions. Ranking questions were easier than expected. I mainly used booster videos and reaction sheets to go over. For topics like acetal, I used the Chad video.

Tips: do the all the extra questions

GC(28)

This section was far easier than expected. Most of them were calculations similar to Booster extra questions. I only used Booster video and chapter notes. Concept questions were easier than practices.

PAT(19)

Before I reached the point of taking the practice test like week 9, I used a Booster generator and the extra question bank. After taking practice tests, I realized that I should have just taken the practice tests. Those are far more representative of the real test. The overall difficulty of this section is similar to the Booster practice test, but TFE, Folding, and keyhole were easier than practice tests.

RC (20)

I consistently scored lower than the real test on practice tests, so I expected to be lower than this. I used Booster extra mini questions to grasp the tightness of timing. However, I did not do much daily reading.

QR (21)

I was in panic as I did the Booster hard extra questions because I barely got anything correct. In two rounds of solving the extra questions, I did not have enough time to do practice tests and Math destroyer. I was able to do only 3 of the math destroyers tests, which I would have done from Day 1 if I knew what the real test was like. Real tests were easier than practice tests and extra questions. If you are rusty on math, I highly recommend doing the math destroyer like 15 problems daily to be
ready. Boosters have good questions to think critically but harder than real tests.

Comment

At my testing center, the computer was very slow, so I had to wait like 3 seconds to go to the next page, so I was so nervous and running out of time. If it’s not your case, you will surely get higher than this score. The key to this test is waking up early to finish on time of assigned studying and do the regular studying schedule. I tried to exercise every two days and study every day.

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• s.jpg
    s.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 84