DAT Breakdown (23AA/22TS/20PAT)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

teeelle

Reaction score
Hi all, I took my DAT recently and thought I’d post a breakdown of how I studied for each section.

Materials: Booster and Bootcamp

I found that BC was a better fit for my learning style so I used it to review concepts. I used Booster to review any concepts that I didn’t understand and focused on their practice questions.

Bio (22): I used BC’s high yield notes to study and did Bio Bites after each chapter. I also briefly skimmed over Booster’s Feralis notes. I thought both had pretty representative practice tests. I saw similar questions on the actual DAT from both programs.

GC (27): I had a strong foundation in gen chem so I didn’t focus too much on this section. I just reviewed the notes from BC and did all the practice questions on Booster and BC. The practice tests on Booster prepared me pretty well for this section. I didn’t do too many practice tests on BC.

OC (20): I used BC’s notes to learn the material and did practice questions from Booster and BC. I would recommend memorizing the reaction sheet from either Booster or BC. I thought BC and Booster’s practice exams were pretty representative of the real thing as well.

PAT (20): I did 10-40 questions everyday about 5 weeks prior to my test. I did a mixture of BC and Booster practice questions and generators. I definitely wish I started earlier as picking up the problems does take some time. I think BC’s practice questions were pretty representative of my test. Booster’s practice question banks were a bit too easy. Their practice tests had better questions than their question banks. Overall BC and BC were representative of this section on their practice tests.

RC (26): I only used Booster for this section and their practice test questions were pretty similar to the real thing. I mainly used the vanilla method and S&D. I did get passages that were on the longer side however, one was like 20 paragraphs. Most of the questions were factual and only a couple were non factual.

QR (20): I used Booster and BC’s practice problems to review which were pretty helpful. I only used Booster’s practice tests for this section and I thought the actual DAT was a bit harder which was surprising since I was scoring higher on the practice tests.

Overall: I would highly recommend getting BC and Booster if you can. They both do pretty well with preparing you and expose you do different types of problems. The most important thing is to review all the practice tests!

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• breakdown.jpg
    breakdown.jpg
    276.9 KB · Views: 61