DAT Breakdown 26AA 27TS 22 PAT 08/16/17

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SuxDrugs&Rocuronium

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just took the DAT today and I thought I would post a little about my study process/what I thought about the test. Here's my scores:

PAT 22
QR 28
RC 21
BIO 25
GC 26
OC 30
TS 27
AA 26

First off thanks to @orgoman22, @Ari Rezaei and @FeralisExtremum for the awesome resources you guys have created!

I used the typical study materials, DAT Bootcamp, DAT Destroyer, Chad's Videos, Math Deatroyer, Cliffs AP Bio, and Feralis' Notes. All of these are essential to getting a good score.

I'm a chemistry major, so I felt like I had a good background in those areas. I didn't focus a ton of my study on the chemistries, but I did do all of destroyer for both ochem and gchem. I actually did all of dat destroyer twice, but I was dumb and wrote on the book the first time so my second round was just going over the answers in detail. I would write an explanation for every answer choice in the biology section, because biology was my weakest section while doing practice tests.

PAT (22) - For this section I just used the boot camp generators and practice tests, I felt like bootcamp was very representative of this section. Using the generators and looking over the answers from practice tests helped a lot with the visualization of each part. I didn't have any rock keyholes but there were some bootcamp level difficulty

QR (28) - I personally thought this section of my test was stupid easy. Some of the problems only required the ability to read a bar chart. Like elementary school level. I did get a few difficult probability questions though. DAT destroyer and bootcamp are a must for these. The questions were very similar to bootcamp but my test was much easier

RC (21) - This is the score that surprised me the most. I felt it was very easy and thought I would get higher than a 21. Oh well. I didn't really have a prepared strategy, I just read the passages and answers the questions. They were all fairly simple questions

BIO (25) - I was extremely happy to see this score. Bio was the section I knew the least about. My background is pretty weak in bio, but dat destroyer helped tremendously. I started by reading cliffs and feralis, but I felt like it wasn't sticking. It was only when I used destroyer that I actually started remembering things. Go over every answer and write down everything you know about each topic. Don't use destroyer as a test, but as a study guide. IT IS A MUST. I had one question that was straight from destroyer, and I never would have known the answer if I hadn't done destroyer.

GC (26) & OC (30) - Like I said, I'm a chemistry major, so these sections I thought were really easy. Use chads videos; that with destroyer covered everything you need to do well in these sections. I had a fair amount of calculations in the gen chem, but never had to actually solve them. Constants and molecular weights were also given which was nice. Destroyer and Chads are essential for this section.

I was extremely surprised by these scores. I went in thinking a 24 would be great, but I thought I would get a 20 or 21. My mom drove me which was nice because it helped get my mind off the of the test (she's a talker so it was good to talk and not think about the dat). I went in and remembered seeing orgoman22 post in multiple threads of having a mindset of getting a 30, so that's what I did. Go in with a mindset that you will do great.

I knew I was ready because I wanted to just get he test over with more than I was nervous. I didn't feel 100% ready but I felt like I just wanted to get it done with. If you guys have any questions feel free to message me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• IMG_4227.JPG
    IMG_4227.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 193
Reactions: 9 users
So I just took the DAT today and I thought I would post a little about my study process/what I thought about the test. Here's my scores:

PAT 22
QR 28
RC 21
BIO 25
GC 26
OC 30
TS 27
AA 26

First off thanks to @orgoman22, @Ari Rezaei and @FeralisExtremum for the awesome resources you guys have created!

I used the typical study materials, DAT Bootcamp, DAT Destroyer, Chad's Videos, Math Deatroyer, Cliffs AP Bio, and Feralis' Notes. All of these are essential to getting a good score.

I'm a chemistry major, so I felt like I had a good background in those areas. I didn't focus a ton of my study on the chemistries, but I did do all of destroyer for both ochem and gchem. I actually did all of dat destroyer twice, but I was dumb and wrote on the book the first time so my second round was just going over the answers in detail. I would write an explanation for every answer choice in the biology section, because biology was my weakest section while doing practice tests.

PAT (22) - For this section I just used the boot camp generators and practice tests, I felt like bootcamp was very representative of this section. Using the generators and looking over the answers from practice tests helped a lot with the visualization of each part. I didn't have any rock keyholes but there were some bootcamp level difficulty

QR (28) - I personally thought this section of my test was stupid easy. Some of the problems only required the ability to read a bar chart. Like elementary school level. I did get a few difficult probability questions though. DAT destroyer and bootcamp are a must for these. The questions were very similar to bootcamp but my test was much easier

RC (21) - This is the score that surprised me the most. I felt it was very easy and thought I would get higher than a 21. Oh well. I didn't really have a prepared strategy, I just read the passages and answers the questions. They were all fairly simple questions

BIO (25) - I was extremely happy to see this score. Bio was the section I knew the least about. My background is pretty weak in bio, but dat destroyer helped tremendously. I started by reading cliffs and feralis, but I felt like it wasn't sticking. It was only when I used destroyer that I actually started remembering things. Go over every answer and write down everything you know about each topic. Don't use destroyer as a test, but as a study guide. IT IS A MUST. I had one question that was straight from destroyer, and I never would have known the answer if I hadn't done destroyer.

GC (26) & OC (30) - Like I said, I'm a chemistry major, so these sections I thought were really easy. Use chads videos; that with destroyer covered everything you need to do well in these sections. I had a fair amount of calculations in the gen chem, but never had to actually solve them. Constants and molecular weights were also given which was nice. Destroyer and Chads are essential for this section.

I was extremely surprised by these scores. I went in thinking a 24 would be great, but I thought I would get a 20 or 21. My mom drove me which was nice because it helped get my mind off the of the test (she's a talker so it was good to talk and not think about the dat). I went in and remembered seeing orgoman22 post in multiple threads of having a mindset of getting a 30, so that's what I did. Go in with a mindset that you will do great.

I knew I was ready because I wanted to just get he test over with more than I was nervous. I didn't feel 100% ready but I felt like I just wanted to get it done with. If you guys have any questions feel free to message me!

Wow, Congratulations....DAT Beast Destroyed... Thanks for sharing your path to high DAT scores. You clearly proofed there is no secret or magic bullet to obtain high DAT Scores, it takes a lot of hard work. Go Waldo!

Dr. Romano and Nancy

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats!! May I know how long you prepared for? and What would you say would be good test averages on the full-length test on BC before taking the test?

I studied for ~3 months but I took two separate week long vacations. I felt ready two weeks before my test though. I had already taken 1-5 on the sciences, so instead of the full length test I just opened bio/gc/oc 6-10 in separate tabs and then I did pat/Rc/qr 1-5. My Bootcamp scores were

Bio/GC/OC/PAT/RC/QR/AA
1st test: 19/23/22/21/22/24/22
2nd test: 19/23/22/23/21/20/21
3rd: 23/22/21/22/22/20/22
4th: 10/22/22/22/X/20 I didn't do RC on the last two
5th 20/23/21/21/X/20

2009 DAT: 21/24/21 (I only did the sciences)

Bootcamp was great for practice and the solutions are super helpful. I would say if you can get 20-21 in each section on BC you should be fine

Members don't see this ad :)
You're welcome! When is your test?

It's next Friday lol. Were the RC questions similar to those in BC?
I hope to aim high of course but definitely above an AA of a 22. I do get avg. of 20-22 on GC/OC/RC and QR I've only had time to go over the practice tests twice on boot camp, but my second time taking them I get 19-24's. PAT is still kinda low 18-20. From an honest opinion do you believe I'm in a good standing to reach my goal?

It's next Friday lol. Were the RC questions similar to those in BC?
I hope to aim high of course but definitely above an AA of a 22. I do get avg. of 20-22 on GC/OC/RC and QR I've only had time to go over the practice tests twice on boot camp, but my second time taking them I get 19-24's. PAT is still kinda low 18-20. From an honest opinion do you believe I'm in a good standing to reach my goal?
I felt like the RC questions on the real day were much simpler than bootcamp. For the most part my questions were chronological too. I'm still confused of why I got a 21 haha but I think you're looking good to get a 22AA. A lot of it depends on the test you get too. I felt like my test was very easy. But just make sure you know all the bootcamp info and go over destroyer if you can too. I had a few questions that were exactly like destroyer questions. My pat was 19-20 for tests 6-10 and then on 1-5 I could get 20-23. The tests 1-5 I felt were more representative of the real DAT. I struggled most with keyholes so I skipped those at first and then came back, which was nice because I had 20 minutes left just for keyholes. My pattern folding was super easy too.

Unreal scores! Congrats!

How did you prepare for QR? Did you spend more time on Math Destroyer or the QR section of DAT Destroyer?

I felt like the RC questions on the real day were much simpler than bootcamp. For the most part my questions were chronological too. I'm still confused of why I got a 21 haha but I think you're looking good to get a 22AA. A lot of it depends on the test you get too. I felt like my test was very easy. But just make sure you know all the bootcamp info and go over destroyer if you can too. I had a few questions that were exactly like destroyer questions. My pat was 19-20 for tests 6-10 and then on 1-5 I could get 20-23. The tests 1-5 I felt were more representative of the real DAT. I struggled most with keyholes so I skipped those at first and then came back, which was nice because I had 20 minutes left just for keyholes. My pattern folding was super easy too.

Gee thanks! I think I can relate! My PAT scores were higher for 1-5 for sure. Yeah, I'm glad things worked out for you with that test!! I also have keyholes being my worst, I think ill try that strategy too!

Unreal scores! Congrats!

How did you prepare for QR? Did you spend more time on Math Destroyer or the QR section of DAT Destroyer?
I did tests 1-10 of math Destroyer. I didn't do any of the math section of dat destroyer because I had bought Math Destroyer. Destroyer was definitely harder for QR but it was a good preparation. I first watched the Dat Bootcamp section of Khan Academy for QR, then i did Math Destroyer and ended with Bootcamp practice tests. I never scored super high on bootcamp so i was happy to get a 28. But like I said I felt like most of my QR was an elementary math test haha

I did tests 1-10 of math Destroyer. I didn't do any of the math section of dat destroyer because I had bought Math Destroyer. Destroyer was definitely harder for QR but it was a good preparation. I first watched the Dat Bootcamp section of Khan Academy for QR, then i did Math Destroyer and ended with Bootcamp practice tests. I never scored super high on bootcamp so i was happy to get a 28. But like I said I felt like most of my QR was an elementary math test haha
thank you. was scoring 18,19 on bootcamp QR. Going through all of Khan tonight