Dat breakdown 3-17-10

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FC Omar

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
so i took my dat, again. the last time i took it was oct 2009. my scores then were: bio15 gc17 oc17 ts 16 pat15 rc19 and qr14

todays was
RC19 (no change)
OC 17(no change)
GC19(+2)
BIO16(+1)
TS17 (+1)
PAT17 (+2)
QR14 (no change)

i was pissed about the qr, because i thought i actually had most of the questions, even with the calculator. i guess that damn thing made everything a little trickier.

i know my scores are marginal, but i think i am gonna apply with it, and i'm gonna take it again in 3 months. hopefully itll get even better.

Anyone have advice on what schools i have a decent chance with these scores?

now to go enjoy st patty's, and the rest of my spring break.

Members don't see this ad.

so i took my dat, again. the last time i took it was oct 2009. my scores then were: bio15 gc17 oc17 ts 16 pat15 rc19 and qr14

todays was
RC19 (no change)
OC 17(no change)
GC19(+2)
BIO16(+1)
TS17 (+1)
PAT17 (+2)
QR14 (no change)

i was pissed about the qr, because i thought i actually had most of the questions, even with the calculator. i guess that damn thing made everything a little trickier.

i know my scores are marginal, but i think i am gonna apply with it, and i'm gonna take it again in 3 months. hopefully itll get even better.

Anyone have advice on what schools i have a decent chance with these scores?

now to go enjoy st patty's, and the rest of my spring break.

congrats. just wanted to say descent improvement. At this point, I would recommend getting help with taking some test prep courses and get the base strong.if you cant afford it, try to make a deal or payment or whatever it takes. You have got to improve. 2 17's on Science section is a solid flag.
good luck:luck:
look around the forum and see what people has to offer. what is you GPA?

with those scores... you have 1% chance of getting into dental school.. retake in 3 months... it is sooo competitive nowadays you need scores in the 20's across the board... good luck

yeah sorry to hear abt ur scores my friend eventhough you went up it wasnt enough you will need to re-take and serioulsy think abt a review course and getting more material have u thought about getting a destroyer and math destroyer? maybe topscore as well to help you with the test you will need to invest in resources like these as well as a review course to get your scores to go up more good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
Look, you have improved, I know its not major, but your improving.

I would shoot for a 3rd DAT retake, its within your right.

Now its up to you if you want to apply with those scores, but, think this through, the application process is very expensive, and with your DAT, you need to apply to 25+ schools to increases you chances for interviews. This is going to cost you heavy, Im assuming (with airplanes tickets and all) anywhere from 5k-10k+ (obviously depending on how many interviews you go for).

Whats your GPA and science GPA like?

one more thing, IF you do plan to retake in 3 months, DON'T !!

Before you start studying, BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING, go take some time off, spend 1-2 months doing nothing DAT related. Then come back and figure out why your scoring below 19 on the sciences. Studying alone isn't going to do it for you, you need to figure out why your scoring so low on the sciences.

Are you using the right material? Cliffs ap biology (excellent for biology) and DAT destroyer (excellent for GC and Orgo).

First figure out what mistakes your doing, I would do this by downloading the free practice DAT test, and doing the science section alone, see what problems you miss and why you miss them. This is going to give you some kind of an indication of where you make mistakes.

Good luck to ya

Wanted to ask if you used Destroyer, Cliffs or any of the sorts the second time around. Basically what did you do first and second time alltogether.