DAT Breakdown (5/2/13) - Finally DONE!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

krysta1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
First of all, I would like to thank everyone who has written about their breakdowns and experiences. They helped me immensely and now I would like to do the same.

Here are my scores:

PAT: 21
QR: 20
RC: 21
BIO: 20
GC: 21
OC: 21
TS: 21
AA: 21

Undergrad GPA: 3.6

Materials Used:

Chad's videos - Really helpful for all the sciences. I would highly recommend you get this.

Khan Academy - If you have extra time on your hands, this is useful too, but not necessary.

Destroyer - I think it's over-rated but the organic chem roadmaps were definitely a help.

Achiever - Great for practice. Liked it better than Topscore. The QR questions were relevant. However, QR on the DAT is easier than Achiever's questions.

Topscore - Too easy, and I didn't find it much relevant. I probably wouldn't buy it again, but hey, what the heck.

Crack DAT PAT - The best resource for PAT.

DAT Edge - Great resource for Reading comprehension. They probably have the best RC practice tests.

I was extremely stressed walking into the exam but I felt better when I started the exam. I thought I was going to rock the bio section. I'm disappointed that I could've done better in biology because I spent most of my time studying for that. Oh well, now I can finally relax!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Congratulations on the wonderful scores! You rocked it. Take some time for leisure, you've earned it Good luck through the application process, I hope you get into the school(s) of your choice.

Topscore - The questions were more difficult than the exam. I probably wouldn't buy it again, but hey, what the heck.

The questions on top score were more difficult than the real exam, or the real exam was more difficult than top score? Also, how many points higher were you scoring on Achiever for each section?

Amazing score:)! Congratulations !!!! You are in, no worries! I agree top score is easier than real DAT. Chads videos are rocking. Destroyer is great; extra attention should be paid on solutions part.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on the great scores. Did you find Crack PAT do be easier than the real DAT?

The questions on top score were more difficult than the real exam, or the real exam was more difficult than top score? Also, how many points higher were you scoring on Achiever for each section?

Sorry for the confusion. I just noticed my wording is confusing in that sentence. I meant that topscore was easier than the real exam.

I was scoring lower on the Achiever exams: 17-19 per section.

Congrats on the great scores. Did you find Crack PAT do be easier than the real DAT?

I found crack PAT to be a bit harder than the real DAT. Some questions in the Crack PAT are weird. However, compared to other resources out there, it was probably the most beneficial one. I didn't really use Crack PAT by doing the timed tests. I just used it to practice solving the questions.

Last edited:
Solid scores. Congratulations.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Congratulations! Those scores are amazing!

How much time did you put into studying, and for how long? With the destroyer, did you look at, ie, a b c d e for every question, and be able to say which one's were wrong and why, or just understood why the right answer was right? Sorry if that's confusing; I just want to know if I'm overdoing everything or not!

Last edited:
Do not be disappointed with any of your scores. You have done well. Did you apply to any schools yet? Any of them you like in particular?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Congrats on your scores! I'm pretty jealous, I won't lie :thumbup:

Question: I've been studying for about less than a month and finishing up my Ochem and Gen Chem stuff. I'm gonna start Bio probably later tonight and jw how long did it take you to finish 'studying' for Bio? I got till early June till I take my DAT as well and I already feel like I'm starting to fall behind on time :(

Congratulations! Those scores are amazing!

How much time did you put into studying, and for how long? With the destroyer, did you look at, ie, a b c d e for every question, and be able to say which one's were wrong and why, or just understood why the right answer was right? Sorry if that's confusing; I just want to know if I'm overdoing everything or not!

I studied for 4 months. With destroyer, I only looked at why the correct answer was right. I didn't go too much into the wrong choices like you're doing. I don't think that's necessary. It might be overkill.

Congrats on your scores! I'm pretty jealous, I won't lie :thumbup:

Question: I've been studying for about less than a month and finishing up my Ochem and Gen Chem stuff. I'm gonna start Bio probably later tonight and jw how long did it take you to finish 'studying' for Bio? I got till early June till I take my DAT as well and I already feel like I'm starting to fall behind on time :(

I finished 'studying' for Bio in 2 months ;) I would say on average I spent 2 hours/day for the 2 months on Biology.

I would recommend you spend some time daily on Biology since your exam is next month.

How many exams did you purchase from Achiever, just curious, i'm looking to purchase also just not sure which one I should buy