DAT Breakdown 6/3

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lex1489

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
7/3, not 6/3. Oiy

Just got back! First thing's first

PA 20 (81.0)
QR 19 (92.9)
RC 22 (93.2)
BS 19 (83.5)
GC 24 (98.0)
OC 21 (89.7)

TS 21 (96.2)
AA 21 (97.2)

GPA - 3.46
sGPA - 3.39
UMDNJ is my #1 (instate tuition FTW). I think I'll get in :)

PA - CDP is where it's at. I did 5 or 6 of those. Started at 19's and moved into ~22. The hole punches ARE different on the real thing, without a doubt. Undergradguy, I got one of those half-folds and immediately thought of you! I probably would've spent a while on that one otherwise. Angles weren't too bad.. I think they screwed with me but I also think I was just 'off' in my angle judgment. Keyholes were pretty straightforward; easier than CDP I'd say. TFE was about the same as CDP. Folding was definitely easier than CDP. Much less 'crap' all over the patterns to match up and organize.

QR - I used math destroyer for this. Did 4 tests. Ugh. I really should've done better on this. The last question was EASY but I ran out of time before I could plug in the answer. Overall I'd say 30 were easier than Math Destroyer, 10 were = to the hard ones. If I had done more tests I probably would've done better here. Math destroyer is a great tool

RC - I did a few Kaplan RC's and the first topscore RC test. The topscore section was much harder than Kaplan's, but overall I'd say this was just my own ability. Nothing really changed throughout my practice exams. I did the table method from Kaplan-- skim through and put down the main idea from each paragraph. Then basically S&D. I had 10 minutes left when I finished.

BS - This was about what I expected. The easy questions were pretty easy. The medium questions were about medium, and the hard ones I didn't know :p. I read through Barron's twice and answered the review questions about 2 weeks ago, and then the past week I've slowly been reading it again. I probably could've bumped this to a 21/22 with another few weeks of studying. Not worth it -- you really have to study this a LOT for small gains. That or be naturally good at memorizing everything in cambell's

GC - KBB, Chad, Destroyer. That's all you need. Finished Destroyer twice and reviewed the problems I got wrong this morning. Love destroyer. The real thing was FUN after Destroyer. I guessed I screwed up one or two somewhere..

OC - KBB, Chad, Destroyer. Destroyer's where it's at. Buy it. I thought I did better on this than Gchem...

Overall I'm happy with my scores vs time spent (3 weeks). I'd say I could've gone up a point with another week or 2 of studying, and with 2 months of studying I could've wrecked it, but here's where I'm at :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Just got back! First thing's first

PA 20 (81.0)
QR 19 (92.9)
RC 22 (93.2)
BS 19 (83.5)
GC 24 (98.0)
OC 21 (89.7)

TS 21 (96.2)
AA 21 (97.2)

UMDNJ is my #1 (instate tuition FTW). I think I'll get in :)

Breakdown coming.

you mean 07/03 :p.. July = 07:D

Members don't see this ad :)
great scores!

did u do topscore? and if so, how were ure scores compared to the deal deal?

Thanks for the support guys!

duodenum, I picked up Topscore yesterday morning and got 18,18,19 on the bio sections and a 22 on RC. I really just wanted to test out my bio yesterday since I hadn't studied much for it and I heard topscore was comparable. I'd agree that topscore bio is comparable to the test.

I did get one taxonomy question on the real thing, but it wasn't near as detailed as topscore's were. Barron's had the answer to that question.

Undergradguy, I got one of those half-folds and immediately thought of you! I probably would've spent a while on that one otherwise. Angles weren't too bad..

blush

OC - KBB, Chad, Destroyer. Destroyer's where it's at. Buy it. I thought I did better on this than Gchem...

My thoughts too when I got my scores...

hey guys...can you specify what you mean by half fold? Undergradguy, is this the example that you posted in your breakdown where you had to fold outward to get the extra line?