Dat Breakdown 7/17/14

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CreightonStudent93

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I took my DAT today and here's my breakdown.
Perceptual Ability: 22
Quantitative Reasoning: 20
Reading Comprehension: 25
Biology: 23
General Chemistry: 23
Organic Chemistry: 22
Total Science: 22
Academic Average: 23
I'm so happy with my scores and glad to be done!
Bio: I went through some of destroyer, KBB, and cliffs notes , and used the dat bootcamp practice tests. I think cliffs was pretty good for preparing for this section and destroyer to be too detailed.
Gen Chem: I used chads videos, some of destroyer, and bootcamp practice tests. Chads was probably the most helpful in preparing for this section there was nothing too outrageous just simple calculations and a couple lab questions. The bootcamp tests really helped me with this section too although the actual test was slightly easier.
Organic chem: same as gen chem
PAT: I used dat bootcamp and CDP. Dat bootcamp was more representative of the actual exam although a little more difficult.
Reading Comprehension: dat bootcamp was very close to the real exam although I only had one of the which statements are true questions.
Quantitative reasoning: did most of math destroyer and all of this section in destroyer math destroyer was very representative of the real exam although again slightly harder. My best advice is to do all the easy problems that take little time to do first and go back to the harder problems at the end.

Members don't see this ad.

Nice scores! What strategy did you use for reading comp? I took my first practice test and first tried the Kaplan method before I jumped shipped and did search and destroy. The kaplan method took too long for and made me use precious time.

I averaged around a 19 on bootcamp for pat and I think started getting some 20's towards the end. For reading composition I just read the passage and went back and searched for the answers if I didn't remember. I think it also helped getting a passage that I was already familiar with.

Members don't see this ad :)