DAT Breakdown 7-17 Retake??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bioodu14

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I just took the test and I am curious on what you guys think about retaking this or not.

PAT 17:(
QR 15:scared:
RC 21
BIO 22:D
GC 15 :eek:
OC 20
TS 18
AA 19

My overall gpa is 3.64
science gpa is3.3

Tell me what you guys think? Also does anyone know if you can take the DAT in December or do you have to wait until February or so?

Members don't see this ad.

I would retake it. If you decide to take it again, the earliest is mid October (at least 90 days after test date).

Members don't see this ad :)
you can apply with these scores but at the same time be planning to retake just in case. That's what I'm doing.

I faxed LSU my unnoficials. My app was already sent there. I was first batch. I was emailed an interview invite the same day

Hey everyone! I just took the test and I am curious on what you guys think about retaking this or not.

RC 21
OC 20
TS 18
AA 19

My overall gpa is 3.64
science gpa is3.3

Tell me what you guys think? Also does anyone know if you can take the DAT in December or do you have to wait until February or so?

One 17 isn't anything to sweat. One 15 is problematic, apply broadly. 2 15s and a 17 is not a good deal. Definitely retake so you can get more interviews,

RC 21
OC 20
TS 18
AA 19

My overall gpa is 3.64
science gpa is3.3

The 17 IMO isn't toooo bad. I actually got a 17 too, and was really upset about it, but MOST schools cutoffs are 17.
The 15s will probably hinder you. I would also say apply, but plan a retake.

Use Chad's videos for GC! He seriously is amazing. I got a 23 on that section.
For QR, I say Math Destroyer is really good. Though it's a little hard, the DAT mimics it, literally. But the DAT is also easier. So IMO, if you get Math Destroyer you're in good shape for the real exam!

Good luck! Don't worry too much. You for sure will bring those 15s and 17 up.

Thanks for the advice! I really appreciate it! I've definitely decided to retake after the 90 day period.