DAT Breakdown 7/3/2017 (24AA, 22TS, 21PAT)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentindebt

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
First of all, thank you for all the helpful post about the DAT, I learned a lot from this community :)

IMG_6716.JPG

Bio (21): I spent the most time on this subject because DAT is known for being super random with bio. I read Cliff's Note AP Bio, the MCAT Bio book from Kaplan, Feralis's note anddid all of BootCamp's subject tests and went over them twice. I over prepared for bio because I figured that would be the first subject, if I killed it then I would have a good momentum for the rest of the test. Well, that didn't happen haha. But I'm still very happy with my score.

GC (26): I did not spend a lot of time studying for this because I had a pretty strong background already. I only did BC to study for this. The day before the exam, I read over all the chapter outlines from Mike's video on BC.

OC (21): This is the worst science out of the 3 to study for me. Honestly, I did not watch Chad's videos (I should have), I just used the cheat sheet from masterorganicchemistry.com and orgo test on BC. I just had to suck it up and blindly memorized all the mechanisms.

PAT (21): DAT BC is the best tool to study for this. Do all 10 subject tests, learn from your mistake and you should be golden. I only did 4 out of the 10 and that prepared me really already (my average was 19 on BC, the real test was easier in my opinion).

RC (23): THIS WAS THE WORST SECTION: I honestly do not understand how I got a 23, my average on BC was 19/20. I just hate rc so much I always get so tired during that section :arghh:. I usually tried to spend 15-18 mins on each passage so that I would have extra time to go back and double check. On the real test, I spent 22 mins on the first one and I was not confident with my answers at all (I wanted to scream), miraculously I went into superhuman mode for the third passage by search-and-destroy and had 8 mins left to check my answers for the first passage. Yes, I spent half of my time on 1 of the passage. I despised this section, I'm glad it is over.

QR (28): "I passed Calc 2 why do I even need to study for this section?" - my cocky self before I started studying for this section. I was so so wrong. Again, BC tests all the way! I hate probabilities and stats, that was my weakest area and word problems were challenging. I know a lot of people (ehem Kaplan teachers) say to not use the calculator on every problem but that was exactly what I did :laugh:.

I procrastinated so much. I postponed my test twice haha. I studied a little bit here and there but never really made a schedule. I cramped a lot during the last week:
Monday: skimmed Cliff's, skimmed BC tests.
Tuesday: skimmed past GC tests on BC and did the last 3
Wednesday: made sure I could rewrote that cheat sheet from masterorganicchemistry.com in my sleep. Skimmed past OC tests on BC. Did the last 2 tests.
Thursday: Last review for total science
Friday: PAT, PAT, PAT
Saturday: relax, calm myself down.
Sunday: read Feralis's note, chapter outlines for gc and oc on mike's videos.
Monday: exam

Good luck everybody! Make sure to drink water before the test and during break so you can stay hydrated. You know more than you think you do :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Awesome scores! You are one of the few to do well without using any destroyer products!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Great breakdown - if you could go back and study differently for the biology section, what would you have changed?
I would definitely spend less time on physiology. Reading the MCAT Bio was an overkill so i would focus more on cell bio. I only skimmed Cliff's, I should have read it more carefully. But then again, each version is different so idk :/. There was a lot of broad questions so don't get bug down if DAT Destroyer is giving you a hard time :). I didn't want Destroyer to destroy my confidence so I didn't use it but I bet you are more prepared then I was

First of all, thank you for all the helpful post about the DAT, I learned a lot from this community :)

View attachment 220910

Bio (21): I spent the most time on this subject because DAT is known for being super random with bio. I read Cliff's Note AP Bio, the MCAT Bio book from Kaplan, Feralis's note anddid all of BootCamp's subject tests and went over them twice. I over prepared for bio because I figured that would be the first subject, if I killed it then I would have a good momentum for the rest of the test. Well, that didn't happen haha. But I'm still very happy with my score.

GC (26): I did not spend a lot of time studying for this because I had a pretty strong background already. I only did BC to study for this. The day before the exam, I read over all the chapter outlines from Mike's video on BC.

OC (21): This is the worst science out of the 3 to study for me. Honestly, I did not watch Chad's videos (I should have), I just used the cheat sheet from masterorganicchemistry.com and orgo test on BC. I just had to suck it up and blindly memorized all the mechanisms.

PAT (21): DAT BC is the best tool to study for this. Do all 10 subject tests, learn from your mistake and you should be golden. I only did 4 out of the 10 and that prepared me really already (my average was 19 on BC, the real test was easier in my opinion).

RC (23): THIS WAS THE WORST SECTION: I honestly do not understand how I got a 23, my average on BC was 19/20. I just hate rc so much I always get so tired during that section :arghh:. I usually tried to spend 15-18 mins on each passage so that I would have extra time to go back and double check. On the real test, I spent 22 mins on the first one and I was not confident with my answers at all (I wanted to scream), miraculously I went into superhuman mode for the third passage by search-and-destroy and had 8 mins left to check my answers for the first passage. Yes, I spent half of my time on 1 of the passage. I despised this section, I'm glad it is over.

QR (28): "I passed Calc 2 why do I even need to study for this section?" - my cocky self before I started studying for this section. I was so so wrong. Again, BC tests all the way! I hate probabilities and stats, that was my weakest area and word problems were challenging. I know a lot of people (ehem Kaplan teachers) say to not use the calculator on every problem but that was exactly what I did :laugh:.

I procrastinated so much. I postponed my test twice haha. I studied a little bit here and there but never really made a schedule. I cramped a lot during the last week:
Monday: skimmed Cliff's, skimmed BC tests.
Tuesday: skimmed past GC tests on BC and did the last 3
Wednesday: made sure I could rewrote that cheat sheet from masterorganicchemistry.com in my sleep. Skimmed past OC tests on BC. Did the last 2 tests.
Thursday: Last review for total science
Friday: PAT, PAT, PAT
Saturday: relax, calm myself down.
Sunday: read Feralis's note, chapter outlines for gc and oc on mike's videos.
Monday: exam

Good luck everybody! Make sure to drink water before the test and during break so you can stay hydrated. You know more than you think you do :)

Congrats on the fantastic scores!!!!