DAT Breakdown 8/20/15 ; AA:25 / TS:26

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chorav

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys sdn lurker here haha just took my DAT and I can't say anything but I am filled with joy with my scores. I put in about 3 months of work into this and I'm happy with the results for sure. I'll try not going into much detail because it's pretty similar to other breakdowns I'll do my best!

Scores:
PAT: 20
QR: 21 (shocked)
RC: 25
Biology: 23
GC: 30
OC: 25
TS: 26
AA: 25

First off I'd like thank Dr. Romano, Ari, and the great Chad for their amazing resources. I honestly do not know what I would have done without them and I'm forever in appreciation of what they do for students trying to tackle this test!

I studied for about 3 months, first going through Chad's videos and Cliffs AP Bio, making packets of notes for each section on essentially everything. Second I went through Bootcamp and Destroyer applying the information I had learned/memorized from Chad's videos and Cliffs. If I got anything wrong I would write it down immediately in the specific packet of notes that corresponded to each of the sections. I would look over these packets of notes I made for each section once a day while going through Bootcamp and destroyer in order to never forget any piece of information.
Total I went through Destroyer 2 times with the 3rd time being highlights I made about questions that I still had trouble with. I did every Bootcamp science test until I was consistently getting a 30 on all of them and I think this really helped to solidify everything.

Bio: Cliffs AP/Bootcamp/Destroyer. I did supplement with Feralis' notes a little bit but not much. I think it is incredibly important to make your own set of notes as you will remember it better this way.
GC: Bootcamp/Destroyer all the way!
OC: Again, Bootcamp/Destroyer were amazing in solidifying information from Chad's videos and making everything seem clearer
PAT: Basically just bootcamp. I didn't really study much for this section so I'm more than happy with a 20
RC: Bootcamp! Bootcamp tests were much harder than the real thing, although some questions on the real thing were worded quite weirdly which caught me off guard. One of my articles was on H.Pylori which was also on Bootcamp lol so that was nice to see
QR: I can't even begin to describe how I surprised I was at this score. I was expecting a 17-18 after I finished this section. I didn't get math destroyer, big mistake, and only did the destroyer QR. Where I found Destroyer QR to be helpful, I think doing math destroyer would have been way better. Nonetheless, I did not study much for this section and was pleasantly surprised by what I receive. I do suggest not to overlook this section as I think a lot of people, myself included, tend to do this.

The actual test:
Bio: Pretty standard. Had maybe 1 or 2 questions that was not found anywhere in destroyer, cliffs, or bootcamp. On the flip side, there were many questions that WERE directly from destroyer/bootcamp.
GC: Pretty standard.
OC: Standard.
PAT: Weird rock-shaped keyholes and the keyholes in general were a little difficult but overall similar to bootcamp.
RC: Easier than BC but some weirdly worded questions here and there
QR: I thought it was hard, but I also did not study as much for it so that was probably why

Overall, I'm very happy with my scores. I'm going to be a senior next year but I'm not applying this cycle. My GPA is alright being at a 3.3-3.4 and I did not believe I'd get a good score on the DAT so I didn't want to waste my time getting rejected. However, knowing now that hard work truly does pay off, I feel like I made a mistake. I know there's still time to apply this cycle but I don't know how my chances look because it's so late so I might just end up taking my year of absence and trying next cycle (Hopefully I get in then or I'm in big trouble haha). Honestly this whole process has been a learning experience, and at the end of it, I've learned that if you work hard and believe in yourself, you can achieve things even you didn't think was possible.

Good luck to all those still studying or will be studying for the DAT in the future! Put in the work, and you can do it! : )

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• IMG_2094 (1).JPG
    IMG_2094 (1).JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Hey guys sdn lurker here haha just took my DAT and I can't say anything but I am filled with joy with my scores. I put in about 3 months of work into this and I'm happy with the results for sure. I'll try not going into much detail because it's pretty similar to other breakdowns I'll do my best!

Scores:
PAT: 20
QR: 21 (shocked)
RC: 25
Biology: 23
GC: 30
OC: 25
TS: 26
AA: 25

First off I'd like thank Dr. Romano, Ari, and the great Chad for their amazing resources. I honestly do not know what I would have done without them and I'm forever in appreciation of what they do for students trying to tackle this test!

I studied for about 3 months, first going through Chad's videos and Cliffs AP Bio, making packets of notes for each section on essentially everything. Second I went through Bootcamp and Destroyer applying the information I had learned/memorized from Chad's videos and Cliffs. If I got anything wrong I would write it down immediately in the specific packet of notes that corresponded to each of the sections. I would look over these packets of notes I made for each section once a day while going through Bootcamp and destroyer in order to never forget any piece of information.
Total I went through Destroyer 2 times with the 3rd time being highlights I made about questions that I still had trouble with. I did every Bootcamp science test until I was consistently getting a 30 on all of them and I think this really helped to solidify everything.

Bio: Cliffs AP/Bootcamp/Destroyer. I did supplement with Feralis' notes a little bit but not much. I think it is incredibly important to make your own set of notes as you will remember it better this way.
GC: Bootcamp/Destroyer all the way!
OC: Again, Bootcamp/Destroyer were amazing in solidifying information from Chad's videos and making everything seem clearer
PAT: Basically just bootcamp. I didn't really study much for this section so I'm more than happy with a 20
RC: Bootcamp! Bootcamp tests were much harder than the real thing, although some questions on the real thing were worded quite weirdly which caught me off guard. One of my articles was on H.Pylori which was also on Bootcamp lol so that was nice to see
QR: I can't even begin to describe how I surprised I was at this score. I was expecting a 17-18 after I finished this section. I didn't get math destroyer, big mistake, and only did the destroyer QR. Where I found Destroyer QR to be helpful, I think doing math destroyer would have been way better. Nonetheless, I did not study much for this section and was pleasantly surprised by what I receive. I do suggest not to overlook this section as I think a lot of people, myself included, tend to do this.

The actual test:
Bio: Pretty standard. Had maybe 1 or 2 questions that was not found anywhere in destroyer, cliffs, or bootcamp. On the flip side, there were many questions that WERE directly from destroyer/bootcamp.
GC: Pretty standard.
OC: Standard.
PAT: Weird rock-shaped keyholes and the keyholes in general were a little difficult but overall similar to bootcamp.
RC: Easier than BC but some weirdly worded questions here and there
QR: I thought it was hard, but I also did not study as much for it so that was probably why

Overall, I'm very happy with my scores. I'm going to be a senior next year but I'm not applying this cycle. My GPA is alright being at a 3.3-3.4 and I did not believe I'd get a good score on the DAT so I didn't want to waste my time getting rejected. However, knowing now that hard work truly does pay off, I feel like I made a mistake. I know there's still time to apply this cycle but I don't know how my chances look because it's so late so I might just end up taking my year of absence and trying next cycle (Hopefully I get in then or I'm in big trouble haha). Honestly this whole process has been a learning experience, and at the end of it, I've learned that if you work hard and believe in yourself, you can achieve things even you didn't think was possible.

Good luck to all those still studying or will be studying for the DAT in the future! Put in the work, and you can do it! : )

Congratulations Chorav !!!!:clap::clap::clap::clap::soexcited::=|:-):

You should be filled with Joy, lots of it!!! DAT Beast has been put to bed tonight. GC 30:D WOW! Excellent work and and you are a true testament if you work hard and believe in yourself you can achieve! You should be VERY proud of your scores and I am sure your family is too! Needless to say a lot of interviews are in your future...

Thanks you for the detailed breakdown and so happy our materials helped you..Thanks for the shout out it means a lot to us when students appreciate our work, we work hard to make it the best..

Wishing you the very best..Go celebrate!!!:banana:

Dr. Jim Romano and Nancy

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations Chorav !!!!:clap::clap::clap::clap::soexcited::=|:-):

You should be filled with Joy, lots of it!!! DAT Beast has been put to bed tonight. GC 30:D WOW! Excellent work and and you are a true testament if you work hard and believe in yourself you can achieve! You should be VERY proud of your scores and I am sure your family it too! Needless to say a lot of interviews are in your future...

Thanks you for the detailed breakdown and so happy our materials helped you..Thanks for the shout out it means a lot to us when students appreciate our work, we work hard to make it the best..

Wishing you the very best..Go celebrate!!!:banana:

Dr. Jim Romano and Nancy

Thank you so much for this! It means a lot that you took time out of your busy schedule to post such a thoughtful response. Couldn't have done it without your help!

Reactions: 1 user