DAT Breakdown 8/20/2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

implants

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys. just took my DAT, and here's the breakdown.

P.A. 19, 69.4
Q.R. 19, 92.9
R.C. 19, 67.6
Bio 20, 91.8
Gen. Chem. 25, 98.9
O. Chem 28, 99.5
T.S. 22, 98.3
AA 22, 98.9

i'm really happy with these scores, PAT was 75% ridic easy then out of no where random questions, and im like WTF.. usually got 22 on CDP.
Q.R. math minor here, disappointed just because i was drained and i missed 2 problems at the end. also a random q. threw me off.
R.C. always sucked at reading, but luckily all my passages were kind of related. so it made reading them easier (not a drastic change in topic).
as for the sciences, kaplan ... what a waste of money. just did DAT destroyer for a week and prior to testing and read cliffs bio. literally made chem sections a joke, bio was ok for destroyer which seems to be the consensus.

btw u guys will hate me for this, but i only really studied for 1 week... yeah i was scheduled to take it late july right before my 2 week vacation, but then i moved it to today. went on vacation literally partied every night. then no joke sat down and did destroyer 2x cliffs 1x and cdp (3 tests) in like 6 days. in reality i went to kaplan before during the spring semester (w/e it was twice a week?) and didnt pay attn at all. usually just passively listened and forgot every class an hr later. didnt use online resources or even take the midterm or final. im a science major at a difficult school, so i knew a lot of material going in. math minor so i chose not to study for it. big mistake, it wasnt about knowing the material. i was almost able to solve every question, its about working quickly, which i couldnt missed last 2 q. didnt study for R.C. i read on the net all the time, good enough for me.

so what are my chances with 3.2 sGPA and 3.4 cumulative. 100+hrs shadowing, very minor volunteer. no TA, nada. thx for reading.

Members don't see this ad.

lmaooo you will do fine if you put in the effort! i put in a lot effort into my normal classes, the foundation and principles were all in my head, it was a matter of just doing problems which is why destroyer the last week worked for me. the only thing i regret is practicing timing on PAT, RC, and QR which again 2 of the sections count towards your AA. so i highly recommend at least practicing on CDP with timer on (i didnt took about 2 hrs a test) and maybe math destroyer tests.... bought that book, what a waste wish i took an hr to take at least 1 test.