Predental1995

2+ Year Member
Jul 2, 2015
Status
Dental Student
I just want to start out by saying how much of a relief it is to have finally put the DAT behind me. With that being said 18 PAT/19 QR/ 18 RC/ 22 Bio/22GC/21Orgo/ TS 22/ AA 20.

I used Orgoman's DAT destroyer and Math Destroyer, Kaplan Blue Book, and Crack DAT Pat. Out of all these resources I have the say the DAT Destroyer is the best. Without it I wouldn't have been able to go into the exam nearly as confident. While I didn't score any crazy 28's I have to say that I pleased with my consistency.

Getting down to the wire with only a week left I was scoring 15's and 16's in the PAT. Thanks to Crack the Pat's helpful explanations, I was able to score a 18 which im rather proud of.

Kaplan helped a great deal when practicing with RC. I have to say I have no idea how I managed an 18 on that one though. I guessed on at least 8-10. Luckily the questions I did answer, I knew were right. The passages weren't as bad as some of the ones I practiced, and when your in the heat of the moment anything can sound interesting thank heavens.

The Sciences....Im pleased with a TS of 22 just disappointed in the Organic Section. I knew my stuff inside and out I just didn't realize how much time could be a factor. I started with 15 minutes left and barely managed to finish. The destroyer roadmaps were incredibly helpful. I knew I was ready for the real deal when I was able to go through them without a second thought as to why the product is what it was. Gen Chem was a joke compared to the destroyer. I was actually most worried about this section and somehow scored the highest in it. As for Biology, I spent the most time studying for this section. I decided before using the destroyer that I didn't have a good enough background in Biology to even begin looking at it, like I wasnt worthy enough. I started by teaching myself anatomy from the Campbell book, which gave me a solid foundation. I highlighted, took notes, and treated studying for it like I was studying for a regular biology exam. When it came time, it made using the destroyer a lot easier. The destroyer highlights the most important points from each topic, whether its the immune system, plants, taxonomy, or anatomy. The questions themselves were made to teach you the material and really puts things in a simplistic manner. Overall, Im very pleased with the way the exam went, and now its time to relax!

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: orgoman22 and nickh

Aamiracle

2+ Year Member
Jul 2, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
Did you have a study plan? I'm aiming to take it in winter and wanted to get a solid study plan for 10 weeks to follow.

Books wise, I've decided on DAT Destroyer, & Chad videos. Also looking at getting Kaplan books.

Any other suggestions would help, thank you.

OP
Predental1995

Predental1995

2+ Year Member
Jul 2, 2015
Status
Dental Student
Did you have a study plan? I'm aiming to take it in winter and wanted to get a solid study plan for 10 weeks to follow.

Books wise, I've decided on DAT Destroyer, & Chad videos. Also looking at getting Kaplan books.

Any other suggestions would help, thank you.
I tried to follow Ari's study schedule using Chad's, but after a while I decided to stop because I felt watching the Orgo videos would be of no use to me since I just finished taking it a few weeks before. Later on I realized while Chad is certainly helpful, it really only helped provide a foundation and certainly wasnt as helpful as the other resources I used. It really depends on you and your background. Some people are taking this exam while still in college and others are a few years out of school and need to start from scratch. Kaplan is a really good resource that I think is highly underrated. The bio is pretty solid and same with the RC. As for suggestions, focus on what you dont know and don't waste your time on things you do because while you might have 10 weeks which sounds like a lot, it really does go by fast and especially for me I knew I was never going to feel 100% ready.

orgoman22

DAT DESTROYER
Lifetime Donor
Sponsor
Vendor
10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
New York City
www.orgoman.com
Status
Non-Student
I just want to start out by saying how much of a relief it is to have finally put the DAT behind me. With that being said 18 PAT/19 QR/ 18 RC/ 22 Bio/22GC/21Orgo/ TS 22/ AA 20.

I used Orgoman's DAT destroyer and Math Destroyer, Kaplan Blue Book, and Crack DAT Pat. Out of all these resources I have the say the DAT Destroyer is the best. Without it I wouldn't have been able to go into the exam nearly as confident. While I didn't score any crazy 28's I have to say that I pleased with my consistency.

Getting down to the wire with only a week left I was scoring 15's and 16's in the PAT. Thanks to Crack the Pat's helpful explanations, I was able to score a 18 which im rather proud of.

Kaplan helped a great deal when practicing with RC. I have to say I have no idea how I managed an 18 on that one though. I guessed on at least 8-10. Luckily the questions I did answer, I knew were right. The passages weren't as bad as some of the ones I practiced, and when your in the heat of the moment anything can sound interesting thank heavens.

The Sciences....Im pleased with a TS of 22 just disappointed in the Organic Section. I knew my stuff inside and out I just didn't realize how much time could be a factor. I started with 15 minutes left and barely managed to finish. The destroyer roadmaps were incredibly helpful. I knew I was ready for the real deal when I was able to go through them without a second thought as to why the product is what it was. Gen Chem was a joke compared to the destroyer. I was actually most worried about this section and somehow scored the highest in it. As for Biology, I spent the most time studying for this section. I decided before using the destroyer that I didn't have a good enough background in Biology to even begin looking at it, like I wasnt worthy enough. I started by teaching myself anatomy from the Campbell book, which gave me a solid foundation. I highlighted, took notes, and treated studying for it like I was studying for a regular biology exam. When it came time, it made using the destroyer a lot easier. The destroyer highlights the most important points from each topic, whether its the immune system, plants, taxonomy, or anatomy. The questions themselves were made to teach you the material and really puts things in a simplistic manner. Overall, Im very pleased with the way the exam went, and now its time to relax!
Predental1995. Congratulations! :clap::clap::clap::clap::D

Very nice scores indeed and dental schools will like the consistency of your scores. You do not need go get "Crazy 28's" to get interview invites. Your scores are very competitive and you will receive interviews. Thank you for the DAT breakdown and your study tips to help other students yet to take the DAT.

Wishing you the very best!

Dr. Jim Romano and Nancy

Reactions: Predental1995