DAT Breakdown 8/29/2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mablonczy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Long time lurker, have gotten lots of advice from here, wanted to share my scores!

I was terrified during the test, it was super stressful, but I got through with surprisingly good results.

My scores:
PAT - 20
QR - 21
RC - 25
BIO - 26
GC - 21
OC - 27
TS - 24
AA - 24

Breakdown:

PAT - 20
I studied least for this section, I always struggled with it during practice, especially had issues running out of time (as I did on the real thing as well). I did lots of practice on Bootcamp with the generators and did the practice tests there as well, but I should have worked at it more. The Bootcamp tests turned out to be very similar to the actual DAT, but I thought my keyhole had some funky questions as well as TFE, and the clarity was quite poor on the DAT. Not super happy with it, but the score is better than I thought I did, so I'll take it.

QR - 21
Studied with DAT destroyer QR and Chad's videos, as well as practice tests on Bootcamp, which were very similar to the real DAT. Was pretty worn out by the end of the DAT and mismanaged my time, otherwise I think I could have done slightly better, as none of the questions were overly difficult.

RC - 25
Didn't really study for this at all, only practiced these when I did 3 full length practice tests on Bootcamp. On the real DAT, I real through the passages fully first and then answered the questions, although two of the three passages were almost entirely search and destroy type questions.

BIO - 26
I'm quite honestly shocked at this score, I marked 7 or 8 that I hadn't learned in class (I've only taken intro bio and anatomy/physiology 1) and didn't remember from practice, and more or less made educated guesses. Studied using DAT destroyer (did it twice) and Cliff's AP bio, also did all practice tests on Bootcamp. All of those resources were great for bio.

GC - 21
A little disappointed by this score, I had been getting 23-24 on the practice tests on Bootcamp. No questions on my DAT had very tough calculations, I think I missed several conceptual questions or made stupid math mistakes. Studied with Chad's videos and DAT destroyer, and well as doing all practice tests on Bootcamp, all great resources.

OC - 27
Had been getting 24-27 on Bootcamp, so I was very happy with this score. Nothing stuck out to me from this test, it was very similar to the practice tests on Bootcamp. Also studied with Chad's videos and DAT destroyer, all great resources as well.

Ari's study guide and study schedule were especially helpful for me, as I had no idea where to start before I saw those, so big thanks there. I mostly stuck to the study schedule for the first 5 weeks or so, then, because I was working in a research lab all summer, I was thrown off the schedule a bit and used the resources Ari suggested, but not on his schedule. Total study time was ~10-11 weeks.
Overall, very happy with my AA and very relieved to be done with the whole process!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Probably 3-4 were anatomy questions about the cardiovascular system, immune system, and nervous system that I hadn't seen in practice and that we're just getting around to now in A+P 2. Can't quite remember what else, sorry, but what I do remember is it was easy to figure them out via process of elimination, common sense, etc. It was mostly the anatomy that was tricky for me.

Long time lurker, have gotten lots of advice from here, wanted to share my scores!

I was terrified during the test, it was super stressful, but I got through with surprisingly good results.

My scores:
PAT - 20
QR - 21
RC - 25
BIO - 26
GC - 21
OC - 27
TS - 24
AA - 24

Breakdown:

PAT - 20
I studied least for this section, I always struggled with it during practice, especially had issues running out of time (as I did on the real thing as well). I did lots of practice on Bootcamp with the generators and did the practice tests there as well, but I should have worked at it more. The Bootcamp tests turned out to be very similar to the actual DAT, but I thought my keyhole had some funky questions as well as TFE, and the clarity was quite poor on the DAT. Not super happy with it, but the score is better than I thought I did, so I'll take it.

QR - 21
Studied with DAT destroyer QR and Chad's videos, as well as practice tests on Bootcamp, which were very similar to the real DAT. Was pretty worn out by the end of the DAT and mismanaged my time, otherwise I think I could have done slightly better, as none of the questions were overly difficult.

RC - 25
Didn't really study for this at all, only practiced these when I did 3 full length practice tests on Bootcamp. On the real DAT, I real through the passages fully first and then answered the questions, although two of the three passages were almost entirely search and destroy type questions.

BIO - 26
I'm quite honestly shocked at this score, I marked 7 or 8 that I hadn't learned in class (I've only taken intro bio and anatomy/physiology 1) and didn't remember from practice, and more or less made educated guesses. Studied using DAT destroyer (did it twice) and Cliff's AP bio, also did all practice tests on Bootcamp. All of those resources were great for bio.

GC - 21
A little disappointed by this score, I had been getting 23-24 on the practice tests on Bootcamp. No questions on my DAT had very tough calculations, I think I missed several conceptual questions or made stupid math mistakes. Studied with Chad's videos and DAT destroyer, and well as doing all practice tests on Bootcamp, all great resources.

OC - 27
Had been getting 24-27 on Bootcamp, so I was very happy with this score. Nothing stuck out to me from this test, it was very similar to the practice tests on Bootcamp. Also studied with Chad's videos and DAT destroyer, all great resources as well.

Ari's study guide and study schedule were especially helpful for me, as I had no idea where to start before I saw those, so big thanks there. I mostly stuck to the study schedule for the first 5 weeks or so, then, because I was working in a research lab all summer, I was thrown off the schedule a bit and used the resources Ari suggested, but not on his schedule. Total study time was ~10-11 weeks.
Overall, very happy with my AA and very relieved to be done with the whole process!
Congratulations!