DAT Breakdown (8/30/16)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

o0giehead

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
It’s been a long journey; numerous test postponements and rescheduling. Finally it’s all over and I can begin my life again (sorta).

PAT (18)
QR (21)
RC (22)
BIO (21)
GC (20)
OC (20)

TS (20)
AA (21)

GPA (3.7)/ sGPA (3.6)

Background
I’m a nontraditional student. Finished my undergrad in 2011, took a career detour and came back to the pre-dental path last year. The material was still familiar, but it took quite a bit of time to learn again.

Study Materials
(1) Chad’s Videos
(2) Cliff’s
(3) Destroyer & Math Destroyer
(4) Bootcamp (for PAT/RC)

Build a foundation with Chad’s Videos and Cliff’s; don’t spend too much time like I did with them and move straight on to Destroyer. Destroyer can be disheartening at times, but keep with it because it’s all worth it on test day. If you are strong with the Destroyer Material, BIO, GC, OC, and QR will be relatively straight forward.

I started PAT & RC practice way too late (2 weeks before my exam). Practice these sections everyday and practice speed. I felt hopeless with PAT, but by pure repetition of practicing problem after problem, you will find get the hang of it.

Health
Maintain a consistent waking up/bed time schedule. I had trouble the most with maintaining a healthy consistent daily schedule. Make sure to exercise to relieve stress. Eat well. Be social at least one day of the week with friends & family.

My time management with studying the material was poor, as I left Destroyer and PAT & RC until the last minute. I also did not take any practice tests. I know I could’ve performed better with better time management and being able to fit in some practice tests, but I am extremely happy with my scores.

Previous DAT Breakdowns were extremely helpful and were encouraging. Wouldn’t have come this far without the SDN community, their resources, and the Destroyer folks. Thank you all!

...and now the onset of anxiety about the lateness of my application...
E-submitted in June. DAT scores will take a few weeks to receive apparently. And I'm waiting on a committee letter that will now be worked on that should be finished mid-September. The lateness! Oh well, extremely grateful the hardest part is over with! Phew! Good luck you all!

IMG_5405.JPG

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Grats on making it through the long journey! You're infinitely better than I ever was at PAT ^_^. You've got nice stats and I really hope you get some interviews soon!

Reactions: 1 user
Grats on making it through the long journey! You're infinitely better than I ever was at PAT ^_^. You've got nice stats and I really hope you get some interviews soon!
Thanks! I put off learning PAT for a long time cause I was dreading it, and still was dreading it test day. So definitely happy that I did decent on it.

It’s been a long journey; numerous test postponements and rescheduling. Finally it’s all over and I can begin my life again (sorta).

PAT (18)
QR (21)
RC (22)
BIO (21)
GC (20)
OC (20)

TS (20)
AA (21)

GPA (3.7)/ sGPA (3.6)

Background
I’m a nontraditional student. Finished my undergrad in 2011, took a career detour and came back to the pre-dental path last year. The material was still familiar, but it took quite a bit of time to learn again.

Study Materials
(1) Chad’s Videos
(2) Cliff’s
(3) Destroyer & Math Destroyer
(4) Bootcamp (for PAT/RC)

Build a foundation with Chad’s Videos and Cliff’s; don’t spend too much time like I did with them and move straight on to Destroyer. Destroyer can be disheartening at times, but keep with it because it’s all worth it on test day. If you are strong with the Destroyer Material, BIO, GC, OC, and QR will be relatively straight forward.

I started PAT & RC practice way too late (2 weeks before my exam). Practice these sections everyday and practice speed. I felt hopeless with PAT, but by pure repetition of practicing problem after problem, you will find get the hang of it.

Health
Maintain a consistent waking up/bed time schedule. I had trouble the most with maintaining a healthy consistent daily schedule. Make sure to exercise to relieve stress. Eat well. Be social at least one day of the week with friends & family.

My time management with studying the material was poor, as I left Destroyer and PAT & RC until the last minute. I also did not take any practice tests. I know I could’ve performed better with better time management and being able to fit in some practice tests, but I am extremely happy with my scores.

Previous DAT Breakdowns were extremely helpful and were encouraging. Wouldn’t have come this far without the SDN community, their resources, and the Destroyer folks. Thank you all!

...and now the onset of anxiety about the lateness of my application...
E-submitted in June. DAT scores will take a few weeks to receive apparently. And I'm waiting on a committee letter that will now be worked on that should be finished mid-September. The lateness! Oh well, extremely grateful the hardest part is over with! Phew! Good luck you all!

View attachment 208593
Congratulations! Fantastic scores and a great GPA assures you will not have a problem receiving interviews and acceptances.

Wishing you the best!

Nancy and Dr. Jim Romano

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)